Hoya 52mm HMC 80C Light Balancing Filter
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #45743
- SKU: A-5280C-GB
The Hoya 52mm HMC 80C Light Balancing Filter is uniform in colour and with a mired shift value of -81, can be applied to purposely create a cool cast over an entire image. This effect can be obtained under daylight when this filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected. The Hoya 52mm HMC 80C Light Balancing Filter is also useful for balancing light sources with a colour temperature of 3800K for daylight film, which is designed to accurately reproduce colours under 5500K light sources.
The greater the difference between the colour temperatures they are designed to correct for under 5500K, light balancing filters for daylight film are considered to be progressively stronger in their effect when used to cool a daylight image.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for increased clarity and colour fidelity. Its aluminium-alloy filter ring is durable while remaining lightweight. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes three layers of anti-reflection coating. These coatings also offer greater protection to the filter substrate and help it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters.
When used, the Hoya 52mm HMC 80C Light Balancing Filter's 0.3 density darkens the entire image by 1 stop. This reduction in exposure can be compensated for by adjusting the aperture setting of the lens it is placed on, or the shutter speed of the camera being used.
- Can add a cool cast to an entire image under daylight when used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
- Provides a mired shift value of -81
- Raises 3800K colour temperature to 5500K
- Allows daylight film to accurately reproduce colours under 3800K light sources
- Three layers of multicoating on each side to prevent internal ghosting and reflections
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and colour fidelity
- 0.3 density filter with 2x filter factor darkens the image by 1 stop
- Filter density can be compensated for by adjusting lens aperture or camera shutter speed
- Aluminium-alloy filter ring is durable while remaining lightweight
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport
|Filter Factor||2x (1 stop)|
|Effect||Cools entire image when used under daylight on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
Can be used with daylight film to accurately reproduce colour under 3800K light sources
|Colour Temperature||3800K to 5500K|
|Front Filter Thread Size||52 mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||52 mm|
|Package Weight||0.1 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||3.5 x 2.7 x 0.7"|