Metabones Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Sony A-Mount Lens to Fujifilm X-Mount Camera
- Sony A-Mount Lens to Fujifilm X Body
- Full-Frame Lens to Fujifilm X APS-C Body
- 0.71x APS-C Crop Factor Compensation
- 1-Stop Increase in Lens Apertures
- 5 Optical Elements in 4 Groups
The Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Sony A-Mount Lens to Fujifilm X-Mount Camera from Metabones allows a full-frame Sony A-mount lens to be mounted onto a Fujifilm X-mount camera. While doing so, the adapter's optics help to maximise the connected lens's apparent angle of view while providing a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range.
If a lens intended for 35 mm film or similarly sized full-frame camera sensors is connected to a camera with a Fuji X-mount APS-C-sized sensor, it would project an image larger than the Fuji X-mount APS-C sensor was built to accept. Able to capture only the centre portion of the projected image, the effective angle of view of the lens would be narrowed, creating an in-camera "crop factor." The Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Sony A-Mount Lens to Fujifilm X-Mount Camera condenses the light from a lens designed for 35mm film or "full frame" camera sensors and projects it onto a Fuji X-mount APS-C sensor. This allows a Fuji X-mount APS-C sensor to utilise more of the light gathered by a connected lens, which effectively reduces the crop factor while making available to the sensor an additional 1 stop of light for each of the lens's f/stop settings.
This adapter is constructed from aluminium alloy for durability while minimising weight and its mounting rings are made with brass to further prevent wear-and-tear. Inside are five lens elements in four groups that are designed to provide optical clarity as well as colour fidelity, and a detachable tripod foot is included that features 3/8" threads as well as compatibility with Arca-Swiss tripod heads.
The Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Sony A-Mount Lens to Fujifilm X-Mount Camera does not support electronic communication between an attached camera and lens. To help determine the amount of light that enters a Fujifilm X-mount camera when using this adapter and a Sony A-mount lens, an aperture dial is built into the Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Sony A-Mount Lens to Fujifilm X-Mount Camera.
- Allows a full-frame Sony A-mount lens to be used with a Fujifilm X-mount camera
- Maximises apparent angle of view of combined camera and lens
- Provides a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range
- Five lens elements in four groups for optical clarity as well as colour fidelity
- Detachable, Arca-Swiss compatible tripod foot with 3/8" threads
- Aluminium alloy components for weight reduction
- Brass mounting rings prevent wear-and-tear
- Locking mechanism for secure attachment of lens with push-button release
|Camera Mount||Fujifilm X|
|Lens Mount||Sony/Minolta A|
|Optical Design||5 Elements in 4 Groups|
|Dimensions||ø: 2.6 x D: 1.1" / ø: 6.5 x D: 2.8 cm|
In The Box
- Metabones Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Sony A-Mount Lens to Fujifilm X-Mount Camera
- Front Cap
- Rear Cap
- Tripod Foot Key
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
- Product: Metabones Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Sony A-Mount Lens to Fujifilm X-Mount Camera
- Manufacturer: Metabones
- Model: MB_SPA-X-BM2
- SKU: MB_SPA-X-BM2
- RM Product #: 27703
- Camera Body Mount: Fujifilm X
- Lens Mount: Sony A
- Warranty: 1 year manufacturer warranty