Compact in size at 4.8 x 4.8 x 9.0 cm, the WireTap Riff Recorder from TC Electronic is a pedal designed to aid you in the pursuit of capturing ideas, riffs, and solos on the go. Intended for use with electric guitars and basses, its controls are relatively easy to use: simply hit the bypass switch to begin recording, and step on it again to stop recording. The pedal, which can store up to eight hours of 24-bit/44.1 kHz audio, allows you to play your captured material straight from the stompbox itself, and you can use the back and next buttons to cycle through your various ideas.
After recording an Idaea you find particularly satisfactory, you can sync it to the iOS WireTap app via Bluetooth. From there you can tag, name, group, trim, and share your various ideas, and thus, achieve a more structured and efficient workflow. The app also includes a voice recorder with an onboard peak metre to help you avoid clipping. Furthermore, via the app, you can send material to your DAW of choice for implementation in projects and mixes.
- Pedal recorder for capturing musical riffs and snippets of ideas
- Record up to 8 hours of music on the pedal
- Records in 24-bit / 44.1 kHz
- Free accompanying app for iOS and Android
- Bluetooth connectivity syncs the pedal with the app
- Trim, tag, group, name, and share riffs via the app
- Compact size
- Runs on 9 VDC / 100mA
True bypass switch
* Press once to play, hold down to delete
|Connections||1 x 1/4" instrument input|
1 x 1/4" instrument output
|Power||9 VDC / 100 mA, centre negative|
|Dimensions (W x H x L)||4.8 x 4.8 x 9.0 cm|