Nikon AF-S DX 85mm 3.5G ED VR Mirco Lens
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #5155
- SKU: JAA637DA
This Nikon AF-S DX Micro 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Lens is a DX-formatted medium telephoto Micro lens. It is ideal for extreme close-up and general photography including portraits. The lens will autofocus from infinity to 10.8" producing a life-size (1:1) image.
The lens also features Nikon's VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization. This allows handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images. This is ideal for macro close-up work.
- Compact, DX-Format Micro Lens
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization
- Focuses to 10.8" producing a 1:1 Image
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
Compact, DX-format Micro Close-up Lens:
- An ideal choice for close-up, nature, portrait and general photography.
Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization:
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC):
- Enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
Internal Focus (IF):
- Provides fast and quiet autofocusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject working distance throughout the focus range.
M/A focus mode switch:
- Enables quick response to changing situations between manual and autofocus operation.
Close focusing to 0.9 feet:
- Extends versatility with focusing from infinity to life-size (1:1 reproduction ratio).
Extra-low Dispersion (ED) element:
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide aperture settings.
Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM):
- For fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
Rounded 9-blade diaphragm:
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
- Nikon digital SLRs have either an FX or a DX sensor. The FX sensor, measuring 24 x 36mm, is roughly equivalent to the size of the 35mm film frame. The DX sensor is smaller, measuring 15.8 x 23.6mm. When this lens is mounted on an FX-format Nikon DSLR, the camera's DX-Crop Mode is automatically engaged, introducing a 1.5x magnification (cropping) factor.
More information about Nikon Products and Lenses: (Link to Nikon Website)