- Interchangeable 3-in-1 Underwater System
- Red and Magenta Filters, 5x Macro Lens
- Filters and Macro Lens Can Be Combined
- Metal Frame, 2-Prong Mount for Handgrips
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #75609
- SKU: H8-SWCH-PROT
The PolarPro SwitchBlade for HERO8 Black is an all-metal frame that lets you use the included filters and macro lens in different combinations for different uses underwater. It's designed to secure to the Protective Housing for the GoPro HERO8 Black. On the bottom, it offers a 2-prong mount that allows it to be mounted on various handgrips.
Included are a red filter, magenta filter, and 5x magnification macro lens. The macro lens attaches to a hinge on the side of the SwitchBlade. Your choice of the red or magenta filter attaches on top. The filter that's left out can then be swapped in as needed. If you attached the red filter, you can swap it out for the magenta filter or vice-versa, as your needs require. The macro lens, however, retains its place.
The red or magenta filter can be used on its own, or with the macro lens over it. All three feature a flip-out design, and the two that are attached can be used or moved out of the way without having to be detached.
In order to capture more accurate colours underwater, filters have to be used. The red filter provides this solution for tropical or blue waters at depths of 15 to 75', and the magenta filter is for green waters at the same depths. The macro lens can be applied over these to magnify the image by up to 5x while still achieving the colour correction. The colour filters are engineered specific to the HERO8's white balance.
The macro lens, when used on its own, without being combined with the colour filters, is still capable of providing magnification, but only in shallow waters, such as a pool. It also works outside of the water, as long as the subject is within 5" of distance, as is normal with macro lenses.
- Red filter, magenta filter, and 5x magnification macro lens
- Macro lens attaches on the side; your choice of the red or magenta filter attaches on top — the filter that's left out can be swapped in as needed
- For tropical and green waters 15 to 75' deep
- Macro lens can be used independently in shallow waters and on dry land if within 5" of the subject