RME Babyface Pro FS 24-Channel Bus-Powered USB 2.0 Audio Interface
- 4 Analogue Inputs, 4 Analogue Outputs.
- 3.5mm and 6.3mm Headphone Outputs.
- TOSLINK, ADAT, and MIDI I/O.
- Improved Specs over Babyface Pro.
- SteadyClock FS Jitter Reduction.
- Product: #65753
- SKU: BABYFACE PRO FS
The RME Babyface Pro FS 24-Channel Bus-Powered USB 2.0 Audio Interface is designed for a wide variety of studio and live recording applications. Users of the original Babyface Pro will recognise the look of this portable interface, with its dedicated XLR sockets and parallel phone jacks (1/4", 3.5mm, and TRS connections).
Familiar users will be delighted at the new improvements offered in the Babyface Pro FS. RME has implemented a +19/+4 dBu switch on the bottom to reduce the output level, allowing you to optimise the signal-to-noise ratio of the preamps on a case by case basis. The clocking, already high-quality, has been improved to provide ultralow jitter and jitter immunity. The 3.5mm headphone output power has risen from 70 to 90mW, and both headphone outputs sport improved THD up to 10 dB. Latency now has a typical delay of 5 samples AD and 7 samples DA, one-fifth of previous generations. These are just some of the improvements.
The interface ships with the company's TotalMix FX, a software mixer available for Windows, Mac OS X, and iOS. When using the device with an iPad, an external power adapter must be used, as the iPad alone is unable to power the interface. The mixer software allows you to use the interface in a wide variety of situations, from the simple mixing of signals to more complicated routing configurations.
The unit's FPGA-based DSP mixer adds a flexible 3-band parametric equaliser on all inputs and outputs. Delay and reverb are also on hand. Achieving sample rates and resolutions of up to 192 kHz / 24-bit, the interface offers a professional recording solution in a compact form factor.
- +19/+4 dBu switch on the bottom adds a direct way to reduce the output level, improving SNR for sensitive active monitors, as well as avoiding distortion/overloads, and keeping TotalMix FX faders near 0 dB instead of high attenuations.
- Full SteadyClock FS circuit for ultralow jitter and high jitter immunity.
- 3.5 mm TRS phones output power rises from 70 mW to 90 mW.
- THD of both phones outputs improved by up to 10 dB.
- Uses same output opamps as ADI-2 Pro.
- Output impedance of 3.5 mm TRS lowered from 2 to 0.1 ohm.
- Mic inputs SNR improved from 112.2 to 113.7 dB.
- TRS line inputs SNR improved from 114 to 116 dB RMS (120 dBA)
- THD line inputs improved by 8 dB.
- Latency improved by six samples on the AD side by new ADC (5 samples AD, 7 samples DA)
- No increase in power consumption, despite new features.
- K-slot for theft protection.
|Channels of I/O||Analogue:
4 Inputs / 4 Outputs
12 Inputs / 12 Outputs
|Max Sample Rate/Resolution||192 kHz / 24-Bit|
|Host Connection||1 x USB Type-B (USB 3.0)|
|Analogue I/O||2 x XLR Balanced Mic/Line Input
2 x 1/4" Balanced/Unbalanced Line/Hi-Z Input
2 x XLR Balanced Monitor Output
1 x 1/4" TRS Unbalanced Headphone Output
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Unbalanced Headphone Output
|Phantom Power||+48 V|
|Digital I/O||2 x TOSLINK / ADAT, S/PDIF (I/O) In/Out|
|MIDI I/O||1 x 5-Pin MIDI In (On Breakout Cable)
1 x 5-Pin MIDI Out (On Breakout Cable)
|Frequency Response||A/D Convertors, Mic/Line Inputs:
18 Hz to 20.8 kHz -0.1 dB (at 44.1 kHz)
A/D Convertors, Mic/Line Inputs:
7 Hz to 45.8 kHz -0.5 dB (at 96 kHz)
A/D Convertors, Mic/Line Inputs:
5 Hz to 88 kHz (at 192 kHz)
A/D Convertors, Line/Hi-Z Inputs:
5 kHz to 20.8 kHz -0.1 dB (at 44.1 kHz)
3 Hz to 45.8 kHz -0.5 dB (at 96 kHz)
2 Hz to 92 kHz -1 dB (at 192 kHz)
D/A Convertors, Line Outputs:
0 Hz to 20.8 kHz -0.5 dB (at 44.1 kHz)
0 Hz to 45 kHz -0.5 dB (at 96 kHz)
0 Hz to 89 kHz -1 dB (at 192 kHz)
|Gain Range||Mic/Line/Hi-Z Inputs:
-11 dB Up to +65 dB
|Max Input Level||Mic Inputs:
+8 dBu (Min Gain)
+19 dBu (Pad On)
-57 dBu (Max Gain)
-46 dBu (Pad On)
+13 dBu (+4 dBu)
-5 dBu (-10 dBV)
|Headphone Output Power||60 mW into 10 Ohms (Max)
90 mW into 1000 Kilohms (Max)
|Dynamic Range||D/A Convertors:
115 dB RMS
2 to 5.2 Kilohms (Balanced)
1 to 2.6 Kilohms (Unbalanced)
300 Ohms (Balanced)
150 Ohms (Unbalanced)
10 Ohms (Unbalanced)
0.1 Ohm (Unbalanced)
< -108 dB (< 0.00035%)
< -100 dB (< 0.001%)
-102 dB (0.0008%)
-106 dB (0.0005%)
-112 dB (24%)
-115 dB (16%)
113.7 dB RMS
116 dB RMS
114.8 dB RMS
|Channel Separation||Mic/Line Inputs:
|Sample Rates||Up to 200 kHz|
|Bit Depth||Up to 24-Bit|
|Power Requirements||AC/DC Power Adapter (Not Included), USB Bus-Power|
|Power Consumption||2.8 W (Idle)
3.7 W (Typical)
5.4 W (Maximum)
|Operating Humidity||75% (Recommended)|
|Operating Temperature||41 to 122°F / 5 to 50°C|
|Anti-Theft Features||Kensington Security Slot|
|Dimensions||4.25 x 7.13 x 1.38" / 10.8 x 18.1 x 3.5 cm|
|Weight||1.5 lb / 680.0 g|