Tiffen 77mm Low Light Linear Polarizer Filter
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
- Reduces Haze and Blue Cast in Landscapes
- Greater Colour and Tonal Saturation
- Low Light Design Ideal for Indoor Use
- Rotating Filter Mount
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #66085
- SKU: 77LLPOL
The Tiffen 77mm Low Light Linear Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. This results in a noticeable increase in the saturation of skies and foliage, as well as clearer imagery when photographing in hazy conditions. A linear polarizer differs from a circular polarizer in that it does not supports the use of a camera's autofocus or auto exposure functions; it is best suited for use with manual cameras, such as view cameras, that are not dependant on internal mechanisms to determine focus or metering settings.
This low light polarizer has less of a polarizing effect than a standard polarizer, allowing for it to be used in indoor and darker situations when available light is at a premium. This filter is also more ideal to pair with others so the filter factor does not become overwhelming. The low light linear polarizer requires approximately 1 stop of exposure compensation.
Tiffen filters are made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 10,000th of an inch, and then mounting to precision metal rings.
- The low light polarizer is less dense than a standard polarizer, allowing for greater light transmission and more versatility when working in darker conditions.
- It helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarising filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated vivid colours.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Constructed using Tiffen's ColorCore technology.
|Filter Type||Linear Polariser|
|Filter Factor||2 (1 Stop)|
|Circular Size||77 mm|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||77 mm|