Vocas MB-455 Rod Mounted Swing Away Matte Box Kit with Rubber Donuts
- Fits Lenses Up to 143mm O.D.
- 2 Rotating, 1 Non-Rotating Filter Stages
- 1 Fixed Filter / Matte Slot in Lens Hood
- For 4 x 4" to 5.65 x 5.65" Filters
- Integrated Internal Top & Bottom Eyebrow
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #31464
- SKU: 0455-2010
The flexibility of this MB-455 Rod Mounted Swing Away Matte Box Kit with Rubber Doughnuts from Vocas provides the flare control and filter capacity of the Vocas MB-455 with the convenience of a 15mm LWS swing away bracket. The Swing Away bracket makes it quick and easy to change lenses, as you just swing the matte box away and swap lenses, without having to worry about where to put the matte box during the lens exchange.
The swing away arm allows you to adjust the height of the matte box above the rods, which my help when using an optional camera that features a non-standard base to lens centre height. The swing away bracket allows you to us lenses with rotating fronts, which is more common with non-cine or vintage glass. The included anti-reflection doughnuts protect you filters from light leaking around the edge of the lens and flaring any filters in front of your lens, degrading your image.
Belying its compact profile, Vocas MB-455 4 Stage Clip-On Matte Box allows you to stack up to four filters, with two rotating filter stages that accept filters up 5.65 x 5.65" in size in a clip-on matte box. The non-rotating filter stage accepts a single filter up to 4 x 5.65" and a compartment in the front of the hood accepts a 4 x 5.65" filter, optional hard matte, or an optional 4 x 5.65" tilted filter frame. Two internal adjustable integrated eyebrows protect your lens from flares alleviating the need for external mattes.
The MB-455 can clamp directly onto lenses with a maximum front side diameter of 143mm and to lenses with smaller diameters via optional step-down adapters. The included top flag (eyebrow) attaches to a lockable hinge along the top of the matte box for precise glare control and similar hinges for optional side flags are built into each side of the matte box hood. An optional swing away bracket can be mounted to the matte box, which makes it quick and easy to change lenses, as you just swing the matte box away and swap lenses, without having to worry about where to put the matte box during the lens exchange.
The Vocas 15mm Lightweight Swing Away Bracket connects the matte box to a rail support. The swing away bracket also allows you to detach the matte box from the lens quickly so that the lens can be changed without the need to disassemble the entire camera setup. This bracket is suitable for use with the MB-450 matte box.
This is a 143mm Flexible Doughnut Adapter Ring for the Vocas MB-435 and MB-455 matte boxes. It supports a max lens diameter of 133mm and is also compatible with round 138mm filters. It comes with 4 soft rubber doughnut rings (112mm, 100mm, 75mm, 50mm).
- Features a quick-lock mounting system that attaches directly to the front lens barrel of lenses with a diameter of 143mm. Please note, it is recommended that this matte box be used with lenses which have fronts that do not rotate when changing focus or zoom. If your lens front does rotate, then you need to convert this matte box to a swing away rod mounted matte box to use it with your lens.
- Equipped with 2 fully rotatable (5.65 x 5.65") and 1 fixed (4" x 5.65") filter tray.
- A filter compartment located in the front of the hood accepts a 4 x 5.65" filter.
- Includes internal top and bottom eyebrows, that are adjustable by levers on the outside of the matte box.
|Lens Size||Front Barrel Outer Diameter
5.6" / 143 mm
|Filter Type||4 x 4"
4 x 5.65"
5.65 x 5.65"
|Total Filter Stages||4|
|Degree of Rotation||360°|