The Republic of Gamers Maximus VI Impact Mini-ITX Motherboard from ASUS features a mini-ITX form factor to fit in smaller tower cases. Balancing performance with stability, power efficiency, and thermal innovation, Maximus VI Impact fits in a portable home-theatre PC (HTPC) and Shuttle-style compact cases. Its LGA 1150 socket supports 4th generation Haswell Intel Core i3, i5, and i7 processors as well as Pentium and Celeron CPUs. It also supports Gigabit Ethernet as well as 802.11ac Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n also supported) and Bluetooth 4.0 technology.
- ROG engineers have reshaped Extreme Engine Digi+ III with Impact Power with a vertical design, so now you can benefit from precise power management and stable overclocking on mini-ITX. You get the same quality components, vaunted overvolting, and overclocking flexibility you expect from a traditional ROG motherboard.
- Experience 115 dB signal-to-noise ratio audio on mini-ITX from the included SupremeFX Impact sound card and keep the PCIe x16 slot free for a high-end graphics card. Japanese-made high-quality capacitors provide warm, natural sound with high clarity and fidelity. The SupremeFX shielding and EMI cover allows for physical isolation of analogue and digital components in order to minimise electromagnetic interference (EMI).
Exclusive differential circuit design plus four op-amps for the rear and front-panel headphone output sockets ensures lossless multi-channel gaming audio with clarity and fidelity, regardless of which port you choose to use. The Texas Instruments LM4562 op-amp also boosts high-end headphone enjoyment with up to 600 ohm impedance, finer detail, and stronger bass.
Analogue signals from the SupremeFX audio chip are split into two identical but opposing phases via intricate PCB logic. The high-fidelity operational amplifier (op-amp) then combines them while filtering out noise and interference, providing a clear audio stream with double the intensity.
Intel LGA 1150 Socket
- This motherboard supports 4th-gen Haswell Intel Core i7 / i5 / i3, Pentium, and Celeron processors in the LGA 1150 socket. With iGPU, memory, and PCI Express controllers integrated to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, 2-channel (4 DIMM) DDR3 memory, and 16 PCI Express 3.0 / 2.0 lanes.
Intel Z87 Express Chipset
- The Intel Z87 Express Chipset is a single-chipset design that supports socket LGA 1150 4th-gen Haswell Intel Core i7 / i5 / i3, Pentium, and Celeron processors. It provides improved performance by utilising serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, Z87 provides a maximum of 6 USB 3.0 ports and 6 SATA 6 Gb/s ports for faster data retrieval. Moreover, the Intel Z87 Express Chipset also supports iGPU functions, letting users enjoy high integrated Intel graphical performance.
Intel Smart Response Technology
- Uses an installed fast SSD (minimum 18.6 GB available capacity required) as a cache for frequently-accessed data. Key benefits include reduced load and wait times, and lower power consumption through the elimination of unnecessary hard drive spin. This technology combines SSD performance with hard drive capacity, operating up to 6 times faster than a hard drive-only system.
Intel Smart Connect Technology
- Your computer can receive web updates with updated content for selected applications, even when the system is in sleep mode. This means less time waiting for applications to update and sync with the cloud, leading to a more efficient computing experience.
Intel Rapid Start Technology
- Allows your computer to quickly resume from a low-power hibernate state in seconds. Saving your system memory to the designated SSD, it provides your computer a faster wake-up response time, while still keeping energy use low.
Music PnP (Plug and Play)
- The ROG-exclusive technology forwards a stereo audio stream straight to your speakers, even when your PC is turned off. Just connect an audio-playing device to the mic-in jack and let the music play.* The benefits of Music PnP include connecting with a 3.5 mm jack cable, power saving with your PC off, and your speakers working instantly. * Requires analogue-audio front-panel (AAFP) port to be connected to the case's HDA module.
- Simple and effective technology improves internet calls (VoIP) with clear communications and no additional array microphones needed. Exclusive digital signal processing removes noise during pauses in speech and other periods of silence. Spectral-subtraction algorithm analyses and determines the amount of ambient noise to be countered.
mPCIe Combo II with 802.11ac/Bluetooth 4.0
- The mPCIe Combo card gives you expandability with the high performance standards in connectivity. You get mini PCI Express 2.0 plus USB 2.0 with an included dual-band 2.4GHz / 5GHz Wi-Fi 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.0 module, powered by ASUS-exclusive Wi-Fi GO! Remote and Wi-Fi Engine. It's an instant upgrade to the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard right on your desktop. All without having to sacrifice a PCI Express slot.
The compact but versatile mPCIe Combo II further future-proofs your build with M.2 NGFF (Next Generation Form Factor) connectivity for SSDs. M.2 is a fast and power-efficient standard that aims to replace mPCIe and mSATA, designed to optimise SSD performance. mPCIe Combo II works with your high speed M.2 SSDs and makes the most of their potential, helping you reduce load times to run your OS and games even faster.
Dual Intelligent Processors 4 with 4-Way Optimisation
- Starting with the Turbo Processing Unit (TPU), 4-Way Optimisation performs Auto Tuning, which automatically overclocks the CPU to within 95% of its potential, a process that typically could take up to 2 days to manually overclock. Auto Tuning is even able to overclock 2 cores at a time and can configured to prioritise either multiplier (default) or BLCK if desired.
The process then moves to the Energy Processing Unit (EPU), which customises power saving profiles for periods of light use or idle states. Within this module are options to set a TDP cap for low power scenarios, as well as selectively shut off SATA and USB ports when idling.
Next, DIGI+ VRM optimises digital power settings to take full advantage of the CPU's built-in digital power delivery, creating a more precise and stable overclocking experience through OCP and LLC presets.
Finally, Fan Xpert 2 tests and calibrates each individual case fan connected to your motherboard to create selectable cooling profiles that can be further customised upon completion. The ability to assign customised fan curves and/or all-or-nothing temperature thresholds to profiles is also included.
- Dedicated to FPS gamers, Sonic Radar is a stealthy overlay that shows you what opponents and teammates are up to. Gunshots, footsteps, and call-outs appear with precise directioning via the on-screen radar. It also includes a hotkey that allows you to switch sound detection focus for specific effects within games, and intuitive settings that provide an immersive gaming experience. Four optimised game presets are available. Three are fine-tuned presets based on major FPS games while the last one is a general preset. Six key sound effects can be detected, which allows you to visualise major game sound effects to help you complete your mission with ease.
Upgraded UEFI BIOS
- The ROG UEFI BIOS includes a Last Modified feature that records recent changes. And to make sure you never forget a tuning Idaea, the in-BIOS Quick Note allows you to jot down memos and system details. There's also F4 My Favourites and Shortcuts for quick access to the BIOS features you need most and you can even adjust boot logo size. The upgraded BIOS also lets you name individual SATA ports so you can easily identify them to save time when defining boot sequences and other drive-related settings. With ROG Pulse, a flashing ROG logo indicates system activity.
SSD Secure Erase
- SSD performance degrades with time due to overwrite action. ROG integrates SSD Secure Erase into UEFI BIOS for better compatibility and easier use, offering the an intuitive removal method to completely delete all data on an SSD to recover lost performance and restore factory speeds.
- ROG RAMDisk turns RAM into temporary storage to accelerate operating system performance and reduce load times. It can use up to 80% of available system memory, and access files without relocating them to protect data integrity and minimise accidental corruption. To do this, the utility creates junction points which serve as quick links between files and RAM storage. All files are automatically saved and restored to their specific locations on hard drives when you turn your PC off, then go back to RAM when you power on again.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal offers premium antivirus protection for individual users and home offices. It is based on advanced antivirus technologies. The product incorporates the Kaspersky Anti-Virus engine, which detects malicious programmes.
DAEMON Tools Pro Standard
- DAEMON Tools Pro offers functionality to backup CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs. It converts optical media into virtual discs and emulates devices to work with the virtual copies. DAEMON Tools Pro organises data, music, video and photo collections on a PC, notebook or netbook.
- ROG CPU-Z is a customised ROG version authorised by CPUID. It has the same functionality and credibility as the original version, with a unique design. Use the redesigned look of ROG CPU-Z to report your CPU related information.
- When changing DRAM settings in BIOS, it always takes time for the system to reboot. With Mem TweakIt, you can do DRAM tuning in real-time and view your DRAM efficiency score.
Other Special Features
- ROG BIOS Print
- GPU.DIMM Post
- Tweakers' Paradise
- GameFirst II
- Extreme Tweaker
- CPU Level Up
- ASUS Wi-Fi GO!
- USB BIOS Flashback
- AI Suite 3
- USB Charger+
- USB 3.0 Boost
- Disk Unlocker
- ASUS O.C. Profile
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 2
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-Cable
- ASUS Q-Code
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
- ASUS CPR (CPU Parameter Recall)
|Socket Type||LGA 1150|
|CPU Support||4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7, Pentium, and Celeron processors |
Supports Intel 22 nm CPU
Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 (depends on CPU)
|BIOS||* 64 MB UEFI AMI BIOS |
* SM BIOS 2.7
* Multi-Language BIOS
|Main Memory||RAM Slots |
2 x DIMM
1333 MHz DDR3
1600 MHz DDR3
1800 MHz DDR3 (overclocked)
1866 MHz DDR3 (overclocked)
2000 MHz DDR3 (overclocked)
2133 MHz DDR3 (overclocked)
2200 MHz DDR3 (overclocked)
2400 MHz DDR3 (overclocked)
2600 MHz DDR3 (overclocked)
2666 MHz DDR3 (overclocked)
2800 MHz DDR3 (overclocked)
2933 MHz DDR3 (overclocked)
3000 MHz DDR3 (overclocked)
* Dual channel memory architecture
* Supports non-ECC, un-buffered memory
* Supports Intel Extreme Memory Architecture
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the build of the CPU
|Graphics||Integrated graphics processor |
Multi-monitor output support : HDMI / DisplayPort
Maximum shared memory of 2048 MB
Supports Intel InTru 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, Insider
|Slots||1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot |
1 x mini-PCIe 2.0 x1 slot*
*The mini-PCIe slot is pre-installed with a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module on mPCIe Combo II expansion card.
|Storage||4 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports (red) |
Supports storage and data transfers at up to 6 Gb/s
Supports RAID 0 / 1 / 5 / 10
Supports Intel Smart Response, Rapid Start, and Smart Connect technologies
1 x eSATA port (red)
1 x M.2 (NGFF) Socket 2 on mPCIe Combo II expansion card (black)
Supports M.2 (NGFF) Type 2242 / 2260 / 2280 / 22110 SSD card (up to 110 mm in length)
Supports PCI express 2.0 x1 and SATA 6 Gb/s standards
|Audio||ROG SupremeFX Impact 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC |
Supports jack detection, multi-streaming, front panel jack retasking
Lineout DAC playback Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-weighted, differential output): 115 dB
Headphone DAC playback Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-weighted, differential output): 110 dB
TI LM4562 high-fidelity audio OP AMP
Use a chassis with HD audio module in the front panel to support an 8-channel audio output
|LAN||Intel I217V Gigabit LAN controller |
Supports 10 Mb/s, 100 Mb/s, & 1000 Mb/s
Supports dual-band frequency: 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
The module is pre-installed on mPCIe Combo II expansion card
|Internal I/O Connectors||* 1 x USB 3.0 connector supports additional 2 USB 3.0 ports |
* 1 x USB 2.0 connector supports additional 2 USB 2.0 ports
* 1 x TPM connector
* 4 x SATA 6Gb/s connector
* 1 x CPU Fan connector
* 3 x Chassis Fan connector
* 1 x 8-pin EATX 12 V Power connector
* 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector
* 1 x Front panel audio connector (AAFP)
* 1 x System panel
* 1 x DRCT header
* 10 x ProbeIt Measurement Points
* 1 x Power-on button
* 1 x Reset button
* 1 x LN2 Mode jumper
* 1 x FastBoot jumper
* 1 x SupremeFX Impact connector
* 1 x ROG extension (ROG_EXT) header
* 1 x mPCIe Combo II connector
|Back Panel I/O Ports||1 x DisplayPort |
(max resolution of 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz)
(supported resolution of 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz)
1 x HDMI
(max resolution of 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz)
(supported resolution of 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz)
4 x USB 3.0 (blue)
4 x USB 2.0
1 x eSATA
1 x RJ-45 LAN
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
3 x Audio
1 x Clear CMOS button
1 x ROG Connect On/Off switch
1 x Q-Code LED
1 x DirectKey button
1 x MemOK! button
|Operating Systems Supported||* Windows 8 (32- & 64-bit) |
* Windows 7 (32- & 64-bit)
|Manageability||* WfM 2.0 |
* DMI 2.7
* WOL by PME
|Dimensions||6.7 x 6.7" / 17 x 17 cm|