The Republic of Gamers Rampage IV Black Edition Extended ATX Motherboard from ASUS is an x79 E-ATX gaming motherboard that's been designed to unleash the full power of Intel Core i7 processors, built for the LGA 2011 socket. With eight DIMM slots to support up to 2800 MHz DDR3 (overclocked) and Intel XMP 1.3, the intuitive RAMdisk utility lets you set up a fast cache in order to speed up your game loading times. The spacious PCI Express layout supports up to 4-way NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX while the maxed out heatsink extends to the I/O cover for improved cooling and stability. The included OC Panel kit gives you everything you need to overclock safely and efficiently. The OC Panel allows for real-time monitoring and tweaking in two modes on its 2.6" display.
Rampage IV Black Edition
- Pioneered on Republic of Gamers (ROG), SupremeFX has been used on ROG motherboards. Adding an op-amp, DAC, and a headphone amp to an already powerful combination of hardware, allows the SupremeFX Shielding and ELNA premium audio capacitors to take audio performance beyond the limits of the ALC 1150 codec. Meanwhile, a Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC joins a TPA6120A2 headphone amp to deliver 120 dB SNR and 600 load impedance to ensure powerful, immersive sound when gaming with headphones. Lastly, ROG Sonic Radar software helps FPS gamers localise sounds via on-screen radar.
- Game faster from start to finish by combining ROG hardware and software. ROG RAMDisk software makes the most of the DIMM design on the Rampage IV Black Edition by creating fast virtual drives for temporary storage. RAMDisk can also be used for partial caching to automatically store large, slow-loading files like maps into memory.
Intel Gigabit LAN with GameFirst
- The Intel 1217 Gigabit LAN minimises CPU overhead under high bandwidth utilisation, which combines with ROG GameFirst to ensure the low ping times. For wireless scenarios, the included mPCle Combo combines 802.11ac Wi-Fi/Bluetooth 4.0 and M.2/NGFF slot in one.
4-Way SLI & CrossFireX Support
- With support for up to a 4-way NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossFireX configuration, you'll be able to take full advantage of multiple graphics cards are the same time. Onboard switches allow you to selectively enable and disable cards instantly.
High Efficiency Cooling
- The reinvented heatsink in this motherboard features a metal conductor that covers the critical MOSEFT and voltage-regulation module (VRM) areas and extends to the I/O ports. This allows the heatsink to dissipate heat with high efficiency.
- The UEFI BIOS has been upgraded to deliver faster setups and user-friendly controls for overclocking. Manage multiple fan scenarios, apply Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP), and configure access to your favourite features with F4 My Favourites and Shortcuts. Quick Note lets you take notes, Last Modified records recent changes, and you can even name your SATA ports.
SSD Secure Erase
- Solid state drive performance degrades over time so this motherboards' SSD Secure Erase feature restores your solid state drives to their original, factory setting.
Extreme Engine Digi+ III
- Extreme Engine Digi+ III provides precise and stable digital power for the processor and memory. NexFET MOSEFETs deliver up to 90% efficiency in normal operation because they're more durable and half the size of standard MOSFETs. The chokes serve up to 60 amps with minimal loss and at very low temperatures. The Japanese-made 10K black metallic capacitors last five times longer and deliver 20% greater endurance at extreme temperatures than their generic counterparts.
- Dedicated to FPS gamers, Sonic Radar is a stealthy overlay that shows you what opponents and teammates are up to. Gunshots, footsteps, and call-outs appear with precise directioning via the on-screen radar. It also includes a hotkey that allows you to switch sound detection focus for specific effects within games, and intuitive settings that provide an immersive gaming experience. Four optimised game presets are available. Three are fine-tuned presets based on major FPS games while the last one is a general preset. Six key sound effects can be detected, which allows you to visualise major game sound effects to help you complete your mission with ease.
- The OC Panel can be installed directly into a 5.25" drive bay to provide real-time monitoring of multiple vital parameters, including CPU temperature, ratios, base clock, and fan speeds. The CPU Level Up button provides instant control over two-stage overclocking while CPU fan speeds can be adjusted to Turbo, Standard, and Silent modes.
- The OC Panel can also be used as an external overclocking console. In this mode, there are connectors and switches for exclusive ROG features, including Subzero Sense, VGA SMB, VGA Hotwire, Slow Mode, and Pause. You will also have direct access to four 4-pin fan connectors as well as a remote power and reset button.
|Form Factor||Extended ATX|
|Socket Type||LGA 2011|
|CPU Support||Intel Core i7 processors for the LGA 2011 socket |
Supports Intel 22 nm CPU
Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
|BIOS||2 x 64Mb UEFI AMI BIOS |
SM BIOS 2.7
ASUS EZ Flash 2
ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
Last Modified Log
F3 Shortcut Functions
ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) Memory Information
|Memory||RAM Slots |
8 x DIMM
1066 MHz DDR3
1333 MHz DDR3
1600 MHz DDR3
1866 MHz DDR3
2133 MHz DDR3 (OC)
2400 MHz DDR3 (OC)
2666 MHz DDR3 (OC)
2800 MHz DDR3 (OC)
Quad channel memory architecture
Supports non-ECC, un-buffered memory
Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
Due to CPU behaviour, DDR3 2200/2000/1800 MHz memory module will run at the DDR3 2133/1866/1600 MHz frequency by default.
|Graphics||Supports NVIDIA 4-Way SLI technology |
Supports AMD 4-Way CrossFireX technology
|Slots||4 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x16 or x16/x8/x16 or x16/x8/x8/x8, black) |
2 x PCIe 2.0 x1
Ready to support PCIe 3.0 SPEC.
Functions will be available when using PCIe 3.0-compliant devices.
|Storage||Intel X79 Chipset |
2 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports (gray)
4 x SATA 3 Gb/s ports (black)
Supports RAID 0 / 1 / 5 / 10
ASMedia ASM1061 Controller
2 x eSATA 6 Gb/s ports (red)
4 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports (gray)
These SATA ports are for data hard drives only.
ATAPI devices are not supported.
|Audio||ROG SupremeFX Black 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC |
SupremeFX Shielding technology
Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC: 120 dB SNR, -107 dB THD+N (Max. 192 kHz/ 24-bit)
TI 6120A2 high fidelity headphone amplifier
WIMA film capacitors
ELNA premium audio capacitors
High-fidelity audio OP AMP
Differential circuit design
NEC TOKIN UC2 audio relay
Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection
Optical S/PDIF out
|LAN||Intel 82579V Gigabit Ethernet LAN controller |
Supports 10 Mb/s, 100 Mb/s, & 1000 Mb/s
Supports dual-band frequency: 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
The module connects to the back of the motherboard.
|Bluetooth||4.0, 30+HS (via Wi-Fi module)|
|Internal I/O Connectors||1 x USB 3.0 connector supports additional 2 USB 3.0 ports |
3 x USB 2.0 connectors support additional 6 USB 2.0 ports
1 x TPM header
6 x SATA 6 Gb/s connector
4 x SATA 3 Gb/s connector
1 x CPU fan connector
1 x CPU OPT fan connector
3 x Chassis fan connectors
3 x Optional fan connectors
1 x S/PDIF out header
1 x 24-pin EATX power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector
1 x Front panel audio connector (AAFP)
1 x System panel (Q-connector)
1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
1 x DirectKey button
1 x DRCT header
1 x MemOK! button
1 x Slow Mode switch
11 x ProbeIt measurement points
3 x Thermal sensor connectors
1 x LN2 Mode header
1 x EZ Plug connector (4-pin Molex)
1 x Power-on button
1 x Reset button
1 x BIOS Switch button
1 x ROG extension (ROG_EXT) header
|Back Panel I/O Ports||1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo |
2 x eSATA 6 Gb/s
1 x RJ-45 LAN
6 x USB 3.0 (blue)
4 x USB 2.0 (one port can be switched to ROG Connect)
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
5 x Audio jacks
1 x Clear CMOS button
1 x ROG Connect On/ Off switch
1 x ASUS Wi-Fi GO! module (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth v4.0/3.0+HS)
|Operating System Support||Windows 8.1 (32- & 64-bit) |
Windows 8 (32- & 64-bit)
Windows 7 (32- & 64-bit)
|Manageability||WfM 2.0 |
WOL by PME
|Dimensions||12 x 10.7" / 30.5 x 27.2 cm|