The GA-E2100N Mini-ITX Motherboard from Gigabyte features the AMD E1-2100 APU with Radeon HD 8210 graphics and also integrates audio and LAN technologies. The dual-core AMD E1-2100 processor operates at a speed of 1.0 GHz and also uses an integrated Radeon graphics processor that offers native support for 4K resolution displays via an HDMI port. The E2100N is entirely fanless and is only 6.7" x 6.7" in size, which makes it ideal for noise-sensitive workplaces, home media centres, and more.
You may add up to 32GB of RAM across 2 memory slots to run multiple applications at the same time. For connecting to optical and storage drives, two SATA III connectors are available and allow for data transfers up to 6 Gb/s. For audio and networking needs, the motherboard is built with the Realtek Audio ALC887 and Realtek Gigabit LAN. Additional ports not offered on the motherboard may be installed in the PCI slot. Included with the E2100N motherboard are a driver disk, SATA cables, and an I/O shield.
AMD E1-2100 APU with Radeon HD 8210
- The dual-core AMD E1-2100 APU processor with Radeon HD 8210 is a system on chip from AMD, combining CPU, graphics and memory controller in one package. Based on the 28nm manufacturing process, the AMD E1-2100 is a small package processor within a low thermal envelope of 9 watts. The AMD E1-2100 APU offers system performance that includes DX11 gaming on Radeon HD 8210, plus a dedicated hardware motion video decoder for smooth HD video playback.
All Solid Caps and Low RDS(on) MOSFETs
- All solid capacitors and low RDS MOSFETS used on this motherboard are rated to work at higher temperatures to ensure a longer lifespan.
Gigabyte UEFI DualBIOS
- You can use the secondary BIOS when the primary BIOS fails due to a virus attack, hardware malfunction, incorrect OC settings or power failure during the update process.
Humidity Protection with Glass Fabric PCB
- Glass Fabric Printed Circuit Board technology uses a material that reduces the amount of space between the fibre weave, making it much more difficult for moisture to penetrate compared to traditional motherboard PCBs. The benefit is added protection from short circuit and system malfunction caused by humid and damp conditions.
Power Failure Protection with Anti-Surge IC
- Special anti-surge ICs protect your motherboard and your PC from any surge in power delivery that may occur, helping to ensure that your PC is equipped to deal with any potentially irregular and inconsistent power delivery.
- High resistance ICs on the motherboard and protection filters on LAN and USB ports protect the system from common electrical surges, electrostatic discharge and more.
4K HDMI Support
- HDMI is a High-Definition Multimedia Interface which provides up to 5 Gb/s video transmitting bandwidth and 8-channel high quality audio all through a single cable. Able to transmit uncompressed digital video and audio, HDMI ensures the crispest rendering of digital content without the quality losses associated with analogue interfaces and their digital-to-analogue conversion. In addition, HDMI is compatible with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection, allowing the playback of Blu-ray/HD DVD and other protected media content.
ESD Protection for USB and LAN
- Each LAN and USB port is paired with a dedicated protection filter that can withstand high electrostatic discharges, protecting your system from electrical surges and even direct lighting strikes.
USB 3.0 Fuse
- The USB 3.0 port has an independent fuse.
On/Off Charge Technology
- The USB ports on the motherboard allow you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. On/Off Charge technology enables devices to draw more current from Gigabyte motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger.
ErP Lot 6 support
- Energy-Related Products Directive is part of the European Union's environmental regulations policy. It is based on concern for the environmental as the proliferation of electronic devices continues, and how to improve energy efficiency for a better and greener life. Gigabyte supports ErP and produces motherboards that help you effectively improve system efficiency.
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version): Provides protection for your system against malware, viruses, and more.
|Form Factor||Mini ITX|
|Processor||1.0 GHz AMD E1-2100|
|Cache||L2: 1 MB|
|Main Memory||RAM Slots: 2 |
Type: 1333 MHz DIMM DDR3
Max Size: 32 GB
Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
|Graphics Processor (GPU)||Resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 via D-Sub |
Resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 via HDMI 1.4a
Maximum shared memory of 2 GB
|I/O Control||iTE I/O Controller Chip|
|BIOS||2 x 32 Mbit flash |
Use of licenced AMI UEFI BIOS
Support for DualBIOS
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
|Monitoring and Management Support||System voltage detection |
APU/System temperature detection
APU/System fan speed detection
APU/System fan speed control
Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you instal
|Slots||1 x PCI|
|Storage Interface||Integrated in the SoC |
SATA III 6 Gb/s
|Audio||Realtek ALC887 codec |
High Definition Audio
To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
Support for S/PDIF Out
|LAN||Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)|
|Internal I/O Connectors||1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector |
1 x 4-pin ATX 12 V power connector
2 x SATA 6 Gb/s connectors
1 x APU fan header
1 x System fan header
1 x Front panel header
1 x Front panel audio header
1 x S/PDIF Out header
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x Serial port header
1 x Chassis intrusion header
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
|Back Panel I/O Ports||1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port |
1 x Parallel port
1 x Serial port
1 x D-Sub port
1 x HDMI port
2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x RJ-45 port
3 x Audio jacks (Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
Smart Recovery 2
|Operating System Support||Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 32-bit / 64-bit |
Windows XP 32-bit
|Dimensions||6.7 x 6.7" / 17.0 x 17.0 cm|