The GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 ATX Motherboard from Gigabyte accepts PC components to create your own desktop computer for gaming, work, or everyday home use. Some of the hardware needed for building your own system is included on the motherboard. For instance, the G1 Audio that features a combination of technologies provides crisp sounds for music and realistic sound effects for gaming. To provide lag-free gameplay or streaming videos over a network, a Killer E2201 LAN chip offers better performance when compared to standard Ethernet controllers. If you want to build a gaming desktop, this motherboard can accept up to three graphics cards that can be configured for either 3-Way CrossFire or 2-Way SLI to deliver faster frame rates without compromising on resolution. With this Z97 motherboard, Gigabyte has emphasised stability and durability by offering 10K solid state capacitors and a gold-plated CPU socket.
This Gigabyte Gaming 7 motherboard features an LGA1150 socket that accepts a 4th or 5th generation Intel processor. You may add up to 32GB of RAM in the 4 memory slots. This motherboard offers eight SATA III 6 Gb/s connectors for connecting optical and storage drives. Optimise system loading times by connecting an SSD to either the SATA Express or M.2 connectors. Native 4K support is available via HDMI when using an Intel CPU chip with an integrated Intel graphics processor. For connecting to other peripherals, eight USB and two PS/2 ports are available. Included with the Z97X motherboard are a driver disk, SATA cables, 2-Way SLI bridge connector, and I/O shield.
Gigabyte AMP-UP Audio Technology
- The exclusive Gigabyte AMP-UP audio technology provides realistic sound effects for gamers and crisp sounds for audiophiles listening to their favourite music and movies.
Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio
- The ALC1150 is a multi-channel High Definition Audio Codec that delivers up to 115dB SNR, offering HD quality audio from your PC. It provides ten DAC channels that simultaneously support 7.1-channel sound playback, plus 2 channels of independent stereo sound output (multiple streaming) through the front panel stereo outputs. Two integrated stereo ADCs can record at 104 dB SNR and can support a microphone array with Acoustic Echo Cancellation, Beam Forming, and Noise Suppression technologies.
Built-in Rear Audio Amplifier
- Specially designed for gamers, Gigabyte motherboards utilise a high-capacity amplifier which is able to drive 600Ω loads, offering gamers a fuller range of dynamic sound with crisper details and less distortion when using high quality professional headphones.
Additional Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3
- This motherboard includes Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 software suite. It features several audio technologies that provide a fuller audio experience by including SBX Pro Studio suite and Creative Alchemy. SBX Pro Studio suite offers audio realism by enhancing the sounds so you can clearly hear explosions, surround sound effects and more. Creative Alchemy restores EAX effects and 3D surround audio for older DirectSound 3D games running on Windows 7 and above.
High-End Audio Capacitors
- Japanese-branded Nichicon audio capacitors provide sound resolution and expansion to create realistic sound effects for gamers.
Gold-Plated Audio Hardware
- Gold-plated audio and HDMI connectors offer improved connectivity and durability compared to other metals. Gold has better signal conductivity and will not tarnish over extended periods of use. The audio controller is also shielded by a gold-plated cover which eliminates electrostatic interference.
Dedicated Audio Hardware Zone
- Separation on the PCB layer protects the board's sensitive analogue audio components.
- Each analogue and digital component is grounded to help protect against electromagnetic interference.
- LED trace path lighting illuminates to show the separation of the PCB layers.
Separate PCB Layers
- By placing the right and left audio channels on separate PCB layers, Gigabyte gaming 7 motherboards are able to eliminate channel crosstalk and help maintain the best audio quality.
Killer E2200 Network
- Gigabyte Gaming 7 motherboards feature the Killer E2200 from Qualcomm Atheros, an adaptive gigabit Ethernet controller that offers smoother online gaming and online media performance compared to standard solutions.
- Supports either 3-Way CrossFire or 2-Way SLI action, which delivers faster graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.
SATA Express Connector
- Features an onboard SATA Express connector which provides data transfer rates of up to 10 Gb/s, which is considerably higher than SATA Revision 3 that only transfers at 6 Gb/s. This prevents bottlenecking when using faster NAND flash technologies in SSDs. SATA Express combines the benefits of PCI-Express and SATA to provide much higher bandwidth, allowing SATA Express based drives to perform at similar speeds as PCI-Express based drives.
M.2 Onboard Connector
- Equipped with an onboard M.2 slot that provides PCI-Express connectivity for SSD devices. Delivering up to 10 Gb/s data transfer speeds, M.2 offers users considerably faster storage performance than current mSATA and even SATA Revision 3 storage devices.
Gigabyte App Centre Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
- Access Gigabyte apps via the APP Centre, which can help you get the most of your Gigabyte motherboard. Using a simple, unified user interface, Gigabyte APP Centre allows you to launch all Gigabyte apps installed on your system.
- Gigabyte's EasyTune app is a simple and easy-to-use interface that allows users to fine-tune their system settings or adjust system and memory clocks and voltages in a Windows environment. With Smart Quick Boost, one click is all it takes to automatically overclock your system, giving an added performance boost when you need it the most.
- Gigabyte Cloud Station is composed of several unique apps, which allows your smart phone/tablet device to communicate, share resources, and control desktop PCs via wireless connection.
4K HD HDMI Support
- This motherboard provides native 4K support with an integrated Intel HD Graphics via a HDMI port. This High-Definition Multimedia Interface provides up to 5 Gb/s of bandwidth for transmitting video and 8-channels of audio all through a single cable. Capable of transmitting uncompressed digital video and audio, HDMI ensures rendering of digital content up to 1080p without the quality losses associated with analogue interfaces and their digital-to-analogue conversion. In addition, HDMI is compatible with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection, allowing the playback of Blu-ray/HD DVD and other protected media content.
Gigabyte OPT Fan Support
- An additional CPU fan pin header can be used to connect a water pump and configured for continuous full speed operation.
10K Durable Black Solid Caps
- Gigabyte Gaming 7 motherboards use solid-state capacitors that are rated to perform at maximum efficiency for a guaranteed minimum of 10K hours. Not only do they provide ultra-low ESR no matter how high the CPU loading, they also come in customised jet black from Nippon Chemi-Con and Nichicon.
5x 15μ Gold-Plated CPU Socket Design
- To provide reliability and longevity, the CPU socket has been gold-plated to help prevent corroded pins and bad contacts when used longer than an average workday.
- Gigabyte Game Controller allows you to define your own hotkeys and change the mouse sensitivity, helping you make the most out of your keyboard and mouse in games.
- Create macro commands and define your own hotkeys to quickly perform the function your want.
- The Sniper key switches the mouse sensitivity into sniper mode for precision aiming.
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version) - Provides protection for your system against malware, viruses, and more. Intel Rapid Start Technology - Resume in 6 seconds from deep sleep state. Intel Smart Connect Technology - Periodically wakes up the system from standby mode to cheque and apply updates. Intel Smart Response Technology - Automatically stores your most frequently used applications and data into the faster SSD.
|CPU Support||Intel Core i7 / i5 / i3 / Pentium / Celeron processors|
|Main Memory||RAM Slots: 4 |
Type: 1333 / 1600 MHz DIMM DDR3
O.C. Support: 1800 / 1866 / 2000 / 2133 / 2200 / 2400 / 2500 / 2600 / 2666 / 2800 / 2933 / 3000 / 3100 / 3200 MHz DDR3
Max Size: 32 GB
Dual channel memory architecture
Supports non-ECC memory
Supports Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
|Graphics Processor (GPU)||Resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz via HDMI 1.4a |
Resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz via DVI-D
Resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz via VGA
Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
|I/O Control||iTE I/O Controller Chip|
|BIOS||2 x 128 Mbit flash |
Use of licenced AMI UEFI BIOS
Support for DualBIOS
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
|Monitoring and Management Support||System voltage detection |
CPU/Chipset/System temperature detection
CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed detection
CPU/System overheating warning
CPU/CPU OPT/System fan fail warning
CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed control
|Slots||1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16, running at x16 (PCIEX16) |
For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to instal it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
Shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
Shares bandwidth with the PCIEX8 and PCIEX16 slots. When the PCIEX4 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode and the PCIEX8 will operate at up to x4 mode.
3 x PCI Express 2.0 x1
1 x PCI
When installing an x8 or above card in the PCIEX4 slot, make sure to set PCIE Slot Configuration (CPU) in BIOS Setup to x4.
|Storage Interface||Intel Chipset |
M.2 PCIe connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA & PCIe SSD support)
SATA Express connector
SATA III connectors (0 to 5) (M.2, SATA Express, and SATA III 4/5 connectors can only be used one at a time)
Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
Marvell 88SE9172 chip:
SATA III connectors (6 to 7)
Support for RAID 0 and RAID 1
Due to system limitation, Intel RAID and Marvell RAID can only use either one.
|Audio||Realtek ALC1150 codec |
Support for Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3
High Definition Audio
Support for S/PDIF Out
|LAN||Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2201 LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)|
|Internal I/O Connectors||1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector |
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x PCIe power connector
1 x M.2 PCIe connector
1 x SATA Express connector
8 x SATA 6 Gb/s connectors
1 x CPU fan header
1 x Water cooling fan header (CPU_OPT)
4 x System fan headers
1 x Front panel header
1 x Front panel audio header
1 x S/PDIF Out header
1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x Serial port header
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
1 x Power button
1 x Reset button
1 x Clear CMOS button
2 x BIOS switches
Voltage measurement points
|Back Panel I/O Ports||1 x PS/2 mouse port |
1 x PS/2 Keyboard port
1 x D-Sub port
1 x DVI-D port
1 x HDMI port
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x RJ-45 port
1 x Optical S/PDIF Out connector
5 x Audio jacks (Centre/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
|Supports||APP Centre |
|Operating System Support||Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7|
|Dimensions||12.0 x 9.6" / 30.5 x 24.4 cm|