Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 18x20 USB Audio Interface (3rd Generation)
- For Bands & Recording Engineers.
- High-Performance 24-Bit / 192 kHz AD/DA.
- 8 x Scarlett Preamps w/ XLR-1/4" Inputs.
- MIDI, S/PDIF & 8-Channel ADAT I/O.
- Switchable Air Mode Enhances Brightness.
- Product: #62121
- SKU: FOC18I20MK3
Ideal for bands and recording engineers, the third-generation Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 18x20 USB Audio Interface (3rd Generation) is a rack-mountable 18x20 USB audio interface offering high-performance hardware, comprehensive I/O, customisable mic tone, and a creative software bundle. The eight improved Scarlett microphone preamps feature switchable phantom power, input pads, and selectable Air circuits, which add brightness based on Focusrite's legendary ISA preamplifier. The first two XLR-1/4" combo inputs can accept unbalanced instrument-level from guitars and basses, and synthesisers and drum machines, or balanced line-level from a mixing console or outboard preamps, while combo inputs 3-8 support mic- or line-level sources.
Utilise the dual ADAT optical input and output ports to interface external 8-channel AD/DA converters (available separately). The Scarlett 18i20's 24-bit / 192 kHz converters ensure that signals are captured and reproduced with detail and clarity. With four balanced 1/4" line/monitor outputs, six additional 1/4" line outs, two 1/4" stereo headphone jacks, and independent control of the headphone and speaker volume settings, the Scarlett 18i20 can simultaneously feed multiple monitoring systems and outboard effects processors. Plus, the onboard talkback feature and built-in talkback mic streamline the task of communicating with your artists during recording sessions. Traditional 5-pin MIDI I/O is provided for seamless integration of MIDI equipment such as a keyboard or sound module, and S/PDIF coaxial ports allow proper routing of stereo digital gear. The Scarlett 18i20 connects to your Mac or Windows computer via USB and is powered through a connection to a standard AC outlet. The extensive software bundle includes music production software, virtual instruments, plug-in effects, loops, and more—plenty of tools to kick-start your inspiration.
- High-performance convertors operate at up to 24-bit / 192 kHz resolution.
- Eight XLR-1/4" combo inputs with upgraded third-generation Scarlett mic preamps.
- Switchable Air setting reproduces the Air effect of Focusrite's original ISA mic preamp for recordings with enhanced brightness and openness.
- Two high-impedance, high-headroom 1/4" instrument inputs enable distortion-free recording of your guitar and bass.
- Front-panel 1/4" inputs 1-2 may be switched to accept unbalanced instrument-level or balanced line level, while 1/4" inputs 3-8 accept line level.
- Independent gain knobs and multi-segment LED input metering to make it easy to set input levels.
- Selectable per-channel pads attenuate the input signal to inhibit distortion.
- One pair of virtual loopback inputs allows you to capture a stereo feed of any combination of hardware input and software playback channels, making podcasting, live streaming, and sampling tasks easier.
- 10 balanced 1/4" TRS line outputs—line outs 1-4 serve as monitor outputs with anti-thump technology.
- Two stereo 1/4" headphone outputs.
- Independent volume controls for headphone and monitor outputs.
- Front-panel monitor control with main/alt speaker switching, dim, and mute.
- Onboard talkback functionality with built-in talkback microphone.
- Traditional 5-pin MIDI I/O permits straightforward connectivity for a MIDI keyboard, synthesiser, or sound module.
- S/PDIF coaxial I/O assures simple integration of other digital equipment such as a DJ mixer, media player, or external convertor.
- Dual ADAT optical inputs and outputs support eight channels of digital I/O at up to 96 kHz.
- BNC output provides a stable wordclock signal for synchronisation of external digital equipment such as other audio interfaces or a digital mixing console.
- Durable housing occupies 1 RU of rack space.
- Connects via USB to your computer.
- AC powered via included IEC cable.
|Channels of I/O||Analogue:
8 Inputs / 10 Outputs at 192 kHz
10 Inputs / 10 Outputs
|Max Sample Rate/Resolution||192 kHz / 24-Bit|
|Display and Indicators||8 x Multi-Segment LED Metres (Input Level)
2 x LEDs (+48V)
2 x LEDs (Input Selection)
8 x LEDs (Pad)
1 x LED (Host Connection)
1 x LED (MIDI)
1 x LED (Output Selection)
1 x LED (Dim)
1 x LED (Mute)
|Host Connection||1 x USB Type-C (USB 2.0)|
|Analogue I/O||2 x Combo XLR-1/4" TRS Balanced/Unbalanced Mic/Line/Hi-Z Input
6 x Combo XLR-1/4" TRS Balanced Mic/Line Input
10 x 1/4" TRS Balanced Line Output
2 x 1/4" TRS Unbalanced Headphone Output
|Phantom Power||+48 V (on 8 Channels)|
|Digital I/O||1 x RCA Coaxial / S/PDIF Input
1 x RCA Coaxial / S/PDIF Output
1 x TOSLINK / ADAT, S/MUX Input
1 x TOSLINK / S/MUX Input
1 x TOSLINK / ADAT, S/MUX Output
1 x TOSLINK / S/MUX Output
1 x BNC (Word Clock) Output
|MIDI I/O||1 x 5-Pin MIDI In
1 x 5-Pin MIDI Out
|Memory Card Slot||None|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 20 kHz ±0.1 dB|
|Gain Range||Mic/Line Inputs:
|Max Input Level||Mic Inputs:
+9 dBu (Min Gain)
+16 dBu (Min Gain, Pad On)
+12.5 dBu (Min Gain)
+14 dBu (Min Gain, Pad On)
+22 dBu (Min Gain)
+29.5 dBu (Min Gain, Pad On)
|Max Output Level||Line Outputs:
+15.5 dBu (Balanced)
|Dynamic Range||Mic Inputs:
-128 dB (A-Weighted)
|Sample Rates||Up to 192 kHz (AD/DA Conversion)|
|Bit Depth||Up to 24-Bit (AD/DA Conversion)|
|Sync Sources||ADAT, Internal, S/PDIF|
|Required Hardware||Available USB 2.0 Port
USB Cable (Included)
|Internet Connection||Required for Software/Driver Download|
|Power Requirements||AC Input|
|AC Input Power||100 to 240 VAC at 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||30 W|
|Rackmount Size||1 RU (with Included Hardware)|
|Dimensions||19 x 10.23 x 1.83" / 48.26 x 25.98 x 4.65 cm|
|Weight||7.0 lb / 3.2 kg (Without Accessories)
7.9 lb / 3.6 kg (With Accessories)