(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The Hoya 49mm Neutral Density x400 (ND) 2.7 Hoya Multi-Coated (HMC) Glass filter has several uses and offers the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. ND filters appear grey and reduce the amount of light reaching the film. They have no effect on color balance. Multi-coated to minimize reflection at the filter surfaces which reduces flare and ghosting.
- Photographing solar eclipses and ultra-bright light sources can be extremely dangerous. This filter reduces light values by 9 stops to less than 1/500th of its original intensity and allows safe photography. It can also be used to achieve super slow shutter speeds in daylight to render moving subjects invisible.
Neutral Density filters have four main uses:
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
Neutral Density Factors:
- 2x = ND.3 (exposure adjustment = 1 stop, reduces ISO 1/2)
- 4x = ND.6 (exposure adjustment = 2 stops, reduces ISO 1/4)
- 8x = ND.9 (exposure adjustment = 3 stops, reduces ISO 1/8)
- As one of the premier filter manufacturers, Hoya filters continue to made from quality glass assuring the photographer clear, sharp and accurate images
- Hoya filters consistently provide even color all the way through the filter; All surfaces are ground and polished to specific thickness and tolerances
- Even non-multi-coated Hoya filters have one layer of anti-reflective coating applied to each surface of the glass; Hoya's single layer coating decreases light reflection off the surface from approx. 9% to an average of 4-5%
- Type Neutral Density
- Size 49 mm
- Grade 2.7
- Filter Factor 2.7 (9-Stops)
- Multi-Coated Yes Hoya Multi-Coated (HMC)
- Rotating No
- Effect ND filters appear grey and reduce the amount of light reaching the film, they have no affect on color balance
- Application To use high speed films in bright sun
- Color Temperature Not applicable
- Construction Glass
- Front Filter Thread Size 49 mm
- Front Lens Cap Size 49 mm
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review