IK Multimedia Z-Tone Buffer Boost Instrument Preamp and DI Stompbox
- Selectable Active/Passive Pickup Input.
- Z-Tone Variable Impedance.
- Switchable Pure/JFET Channel Tone.
- Buffers Signal for Long Cable Runs.
- Boost Circuit Adds Volume and Drive.
- Product: #65762
- SKU: IP-ZTONE-BB-IN
The IK Multimedia Z-Tone Buffer Boost Instrument Preamp and DI Stompbox is an instrument preamp and DI stompbox offering versatile tone shaping and signal preservation for guitarists and bassists performing live or recording in the studio. By incorporating the triple-topology preamp from the award-winning AXE I/O, the Z-Tone Buffer Boost delivers multiple circuit selections and variable impedance, making it an ideal front-end for any player's rig.
Whether you play instruments with active or passive pickups, the Z-Tone Buffer Boost provides trustworthy signal integrity. At the flip of a switch, you can select the type of tone that suits your style best, be it clean and precise or warm and rich. The adjustable gain and switchable and variable boost ensure that you'll always be able to attain the perfect level.
Unbalanced 1/4" link and main outputs provide easy connectivity with amps and pedalboards, while the balanced XLR out is perfect for plugging into a mic preamp, stagebox, or mixer input. Since the Z-Tone is buffered, long cable runs won't compromise your tone. If you encounter buzz or hum, simply press the ground-lift switch to eliminate such noises.
- Selectable active/passive pickup input.
- Triple-topology instrument preamp from the award-winning AXE I/O.
- Z-Tone variable impedance control creates a wide range of tones from tight, sharp, and precise, to thick and bold.
- Buffers signal for pedalboards and cable runs.
- Adjustable gain knob (-8 to +8 dB)
- Boost circuit with footswitch and adjustable level adds up to 10 dB of gain for extra volume and drive.
- Balanced 3-pin XLR output for direct connection to a mic preamp or mixer input.
- Unbalanced 1/4" main output.
- Unbalanced 1/4" link output to connect to amps and pedals.
- Ground-lift switch eliminates buzz and hum.
- Dedicated bypass footswitch.
- Powered via 9V battery or 9V pedal power supply.
- Rugged, road-worthy metal housing.
|Inputs||1 x 1/4" TS (Unbalanced)|
|Outputs||1 x 1/4" TS Link (Unbalanced)
1 x 1/4" TS Main (Unbalanced)
1 x 3-Pin XLR Male (Balanced)
|Input Impedance||2.2 Kilohms to 1 Megohm|
|Power Requirements||9 VDC Battery or 9 VDC Power Supply|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||3.7 x 1.7 x 4.7" / 9.5 x 4.2 x 12.0 cm|
|Weight||2.1 lb / 0.9 kg|