- Nikon F-Mount Lens/FX Format.
- Aperture Range: f/2 (T3.2) to f/22.
- One Apodization Element for Smooth Bokeh.
- Three Low Dispersion Elements.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #61657
- SKU: VE10520N
The Laowa 105mm f/2 STF Lens (Nikon) gradually reduces the amount of light transmitted towards the periphery to produce a soft, natural and beautifully diffused out-of-focus rendition. Featuring an unique STF (Smooth Trans Focus) optical design.
This award-winning lens incorporates an apodization (APD) element next to the aperture which resembles the function of an ND filter. The chromatic aberration has also been controlled to the minimal.
- Short telephoto prime designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, this lens can also be used on DX models where it provides a 157.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Optical design incorporates an apodization element that helps to improve the quality of bokeh. This element, which resembles a radially graduated ND filter that tapers from clear in the centre to more dense around the edges, produces more circular out-of-focus highlights for more pleasing selective focus and shallow depth of field effects.
- To control the effect of the apodization element, two separate diaphragms are incorporated in the lens' design: a 14-blade diaphragm that works mainly in conjunction with the APD element to control bokeh, as well as a standard 8-blade diaphragm at the rear of the lens design to control the overall light transmission and affect depth of field.
- Due to the incorporation of the APD element, the lens offers an effective light transmission value of T3.2, while the f/2 designation relates mainly toward the potential for selective focus and depth of field control.
- Beyond the APD element, the lens also features three low dispersion elements and one extra refractive index element, which combine to limit chromatic aberrations throughout the aperture range and contribute to a high degree of sharpness and clarity.
- A manual focus design permits fine-tuned control for focusing as closely as 90cm away with a maximum magnification of 0.16x.
- Two manual aperture rings enable you to adjust both the exposure-affecting diaphragm as well as the APD-affecting aperture.
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Angle of View||23° 16'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.95' / 90 cm|
|Optical Design||11 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.99 x 3.89" / 76 x 98.9 mm|
|Weight||1.6 lb / 745 g|