- K-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format.
- Aperture Range: f/14 to f/40.
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements.
- One Extra Refractive Index Element.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #61675
- SKU: VE2414PK
The Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe Lens (Pentax) is capable of focusing from 2:1 macro to infinity with an incredible 85° field of view creating a unique ‘Bug Eye’ perspective. The wide angle design provides a greater depth of field at a close distance than conventional telephoto macro lenses.
An extremely long and narrow waterproof front barrel and integrated LED allow a photographer or cinematographer to get shots not previously possible. The probe will cover both standard 35mm full frame & Super35 image sensor.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Pentax K-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Unique macro lens design offers a greater-than-life-size 2:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 46cm and a working distance of just 2cm.
- The long, tubular lens barrel contributes to producing a distinct bug-eye perspective and, despite the short working distance, the length of the lens barrel places the camera at a comfortable shooting distance.
- Wide-angle 24mm focal length affords greater depth of field and more surrounding detail than traditional telephoto macro designs, which tend to isolate subject matter with shallow depth of field.
- Optical design includes two extra-low dispersion elements that control colour fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and colour accuracy. One extra refractive index element is also featured, which reduces spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Slim 2cm front diameter allows performing unique "slide-in" shots as well as affords a greater range of close-up, inconspicuous shooting opportunities. The smaller front diameter also makes it easier to illuminate close-up subjects from the front.
- The front of the lens is also waterproof, allowing you to comfortably work just under the surface of water or in dusty environments.
- The front of the lens also has a built-in LED ring light, which is powered via a micro-USB port on the barrel, to provide some illumination on close-up subjects for easier focusing.
- Designed for use as a close-up, macro lens, the manual focus operation also lets you focus at infinity.
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|Lens Mount||Pentax K|
|Angle of View||85°|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||2:1|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.54' / 47 cm|
|Optical Design||27 Elements in 19 Groups|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||1.50 x 16.063" / 38 x 408 mm|
|Weight||1 lb / 474 g|