(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The ADI-8 QS from RME is their top of the line, eight-channel analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converter that balances excellent analog circuit design with the latest in converter technology. The combination provides conversion of the highest order along with a healthy supply of features.
The unit is outfitted with both balanced 1/4" phone input/output connectors, along with 25-pin D-sub connectors, the latter providing slightly higher maximum output levels. Conversion is available to/from AES/EBU and ADAT optical at sample rates up to 192kHz for the AES/EBU streams and 96kHz for ADAT.
Efficient jitter reduction via SteadyClock guarantees prestine sound quality while Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) will retain the last valid sample frequency in case of a loss of the input signal. SyncCheck ensures perfect synchronization and excellent detection of errors, allowing multiple units to be stacked and operated sample-aligned, using word clock. All settings are stored when the unit is switched off.
- Eight-channel analog to digital converter with a completely symmetrical and DC-coupled audio path
- Eight-channel digital to analog converter, DC-coupled audio path with balanced output
- Low latency conversion with only nine samples of delay (in double speed mode)
- Sixteen LED level meters with seven LEDs per each meter
- Included remote control for store/recall, volume and DIM
- All settings are stored permanently
- Fully remote controllable via MIDI
- Digital input/output trim, with a range of 6dB per input/output
- SyncCheck technology checks clock synchronization
8 x Analog I/O (up to +24 dBu)
4 x AES/EBU I/O (8 channels @ 192 kHz)
2 x ADAT I/O (SMUX and SMUX4)
Word Clock I/O
external Remote Controller (Volume, DIM, Preset)
ADC: 24-bit, 128x oversampling
DAC: 24-bit, 128x oversampling
Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz
Analog In: 8 x 8 x 1/4" TRS phone, 1 x 25-pin D-sub
Analog Outputs: 8 x 1/4" TRS phone, 1 x 25-pin D-sub
Digital Input: 1 x 25-pin D-sub providing, 4 AES/EBU pairs (shared with output)
2 x ADAT optical
Digital Output: 1 x 25-pin D-sub providing 4 AES/EBU pairs (shared with output)
2 x ADAT optical
Word Clock: BNC I/O
Dynamic Range: <112dB
Frequency Response: 5Hz to 63.4kHz, -0.1dB (A/D to D/A @192kHz s/f)
THD + N: AD: <-104dB (< 0,00063 %)
DA: <-102dB (<0.0008%)
Dimensions (WxDxH): 19 x 7.88 x 1.75" (483 x 200 x 45mm)
Weight: 4.4 lbs (2kg)
Specialties: Fully remote controllable and configurable via MIDI
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review