The padKONTROL from Korg is a USB/MIDI studio controller that features 16 illuminated drum trigger pads and the company's KAOSS technology based X-Y pad. In addition to accessing drum sounds and samples, the controller can also control virtual synthesisers and effects, trigger loops and video clips, and even act as transport controls for DAW software programmes.
The controller is ideal for creating natural, organic sounding drum beats. Each of the 16 pads can be individually assigned a note number and MIDI channel allowing you to control a single drum kit, or map it to control different devices in your setup at the same time. Eight different dynamic curves are available for each pad, or you can set each pad to its own fixed level.
The X-Y pad adds real-time control of both flam and roll timing and dynamics. Moving a finger from left to right increases the speed of the roll, or the distance between the notes, while moving up the pad surface increases the volume of the roll, or the volume of the second note in the flam. With the addition of an optionalfootswitch you can add real kick drum parts, or close an open hi-hat.
- USB/MIDI controller combining an assignable X-Y touchpad that provides for natural sounding flams and rolls, 16 illuminated trigger pads, assignable knobs and a foot-pedal input
- 8 dynamic curves are available for each pad, or each pad can be set to its own fixed level
- Multiple pads can be set to play the same drum but at different fixed velocities, providing varied but predictable performance every time
- A MIDI message can be assigned to each pad, and set for momentary or toggle operation. In addition to sending a value as the drum pad is touched, a specific value can be sent as the pad is released, allowing the pad to be used like a button or switch for controlling any function of a virtual synthesiser or DAW
- X-Y pad adds real-time control of both flam and roll timing and dynamics
- The X-Y pad can also be assigned to control any 2 continuous controllers in real-time
- 2 assignable knobs provide continuous control of any other 2 MIDI parameters
- Whenever a drum pad is struck or a controller moved, the built-in display shows what message or value is being sent, delivering accurate confirmation of what is being performed
- Once all the controllers are set to the user's liking, the entire setup can be saved in any one of the 16 "User Scenes"
- In addition, 30 preset scenes are included, designed to instantly match the controller to some of the most popular music software programmes
- Editor/Librarian software for Windows XP and Mac OS X is included
|Transport Controls||Can be programmed for transport control functioning|
|Rotary Controls||2 Assignable |
1 x Settings
|Display||7-segment, 3-digit LED|
|Multiple Units||Not specified by manufacturer|
|Included Software||Editor Librarian|
|System Requirements||Apple Mac with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Mac OS X (PowerPC supported) |
Computer with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Windows XP/Vista (Intel USB chipset recommended)
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||12.4 x 9.2 x 2.2" (315 x 234 x 55mm)|
|Weight||2.12 lbs (0.96kg)|