32-Bit D/A Converter
24-Bit A/D Converter
Wide Variety of Effects
Touch Control Panel for Effects
Seamless Integration with CDJ Decks
Pro DJ Link LAN Connections
The Pioneer DJM-2000 Professional DJ Mixer is a 4-channel, all-digital mixing station for professional DJs and nightclub installations. The mixer features an arsenal of digital effects and seamless integration with Pioneer CDJ series players. Its large profile gives way to a multitude of feature sections that includes an EFX effects station, a centered Multi-Touch control panel, and mixing channels on either side of the touch panel.
Pioneer's Multi-Touch panel features a full-color 5.8" LCD panel for adding and manipulating effects with your fingers. Another feature unique to the DJM-2000 is its DJ Link Ethernet connections on the rear. Up to 4 CDJ series decks may be connected via Ethernet, with the ability to read and share files from one SD-Card or USB storage device. The same is true for 2 laptop computers, with Pioneer's rekordbox music management software installed.
The DJM-2000 incorporates a full-color 5.8-inch LCD multi-touch panel for adding audio effects. Users can simultaneously manipulate the displayed controls on the panel by touching different areas of the screen. Three different performance modes are available including:
- Frequency mix - Enables more precise mixing within seven frequency ranges. For example, users can enhance the bass region within the music they're mixing.
- Sidechain remix - DJs can create seven different dynamic audio effects with touches and movements on the screen.
- MIDI mode - Allows the user to assign various controls displayed on the LCD screen to control DJ software via MIDI. Four types of MIDI modes are available for more performance flexibility.
Evolved Beat Effects
A section of the mixer resides an Evolved Beat Effects adopted from earlier versions of the DJM series of mixers to generate a multitude of sound effects. Numerous buttons were added for selecting multiple effects and beat parameters for additional performance capabilities. Further manipulation of the sound effects can be made using the Effect Frequency knobs that changes the low, mid and high frequency bands of the music. Turns of the knobs enhance the effects to each frequency band, i.e., an echo added specifically to the vocals of the music or a doubling of the hi-hat rhythm, providing incredible performance options.
Instant Instrument FX
The INST FX (Instant Instrument FX) provides six additional audio effects that include Noise, HPF, LPF, Jet, Zip and Crush. Each of the effects can be inducted into the channel with a turn of the Filter knob. Additionally, the Parameter knob allows the effects to be fine tuned.
Pro DJ Link
When used specifically with Pioneer's CDJ-2000 or CDJ-900 turntables via Pro DJ Link, the DJM-2000 becomes an even more powerful musical tool. The mixer incorporates four Ethernet ports in the back of the unit allowing up to four of the most recent CDJ turntables to be connected (via LAN cables) while sharing only one music-filled SD card or USB storage device. In addition, up to two laptop computers pre-installed with Pioneer's music management software rekordbox can be interfaced with the DJM-2000 via LAN cables, in cases that two DJs are transitioning for their individual performances.
A cool feature of the mixer is its Live Sampler capability which allows the sound from a microphone or from the MASTER output to be recorded directly into the mixer. The "sampled" sound can instantly be transferred via LAN cable to a CDJ-2000/900 for scratching.
The DJM-2000 features a USB audio interface that allows direct computer connection without the need for an external sound card. Up to four audio sources can be assigned to each channel providing even more flexibility. For additional convenience, the MASTER output can be connected directly to a computer for recording of performances.
Continuing the prestigious reputation of Pioneer mixers, the DJM-2000 provides excellent sound quality. By utilizing balanced hybrid op-amp and a perfectly balanced output circuit in the analog processing stage, Pioneer managed to significantly decrease induced noise resulting in a dynamic range of 107dB with 0.004% THD for an extremely clean and powerful sound.
Additional Features of the DJM-2000 Include
- Switching 3-Band EQ/Isolator - Equipped with a switching 3-band EQ (+6dB to -26dB) and 3-band Isolator (+6dB to -8dB) on each channel
- Digital In - Permits audio signal of each channel with no deterioration in sound quality
- Fader Start Play - Connection with CDJ player(s) with PRO DJ LINK or control cable allows the mixer to start the turntable by switching faders
- Talk Over - Lowers the volume of the music when a connected microphone is used
- Peak Level Meter - Displays input levels at a glance
- Cross fader Assign function - Allows the flexible assignment of the input on each channel to the cross fader
- Fader Curve Adjust function - Allows changes to cross fader and channel fader curves
Total Number Of Channels: Four
Input Connectors: CD Input - RCA Phono x4 Line Input - RCA Phono x2
Turntable Input: RCA Phono x2 Microphone Input - XLR
S/PDIF Digital x4 Return - L/R 1/4" Phone DJ Link LAN Connections x6
Output Connectors: Master Output - XLR x1
Master 2 Output: RCA Phono x2 Rec Output - RCA Phono
Send - L/R 1/4" Phone Headphone - 1/4" TRS Phone
S/PDIF Digital x1 MIDI - 5-Pin DIN x1 USB x1
Signal to Noise Ratio: 107dB (Line)
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
EQ Section 3-Band
Power: AC 240V - 50Hz Power Consumption: 42W
Dimensions: (WxHxD) 16.9 x 4.3 x 16.1" (42.92 x 10.92 x 40.89cm)
Weight: 18.7 lb (8.48kg)