Aston Microphones Spirit Multi-Pattern Condenser MicrophoneProduct #33146 | SKU AST-SPIRIT
- Omni, Cardioid, & Figure-8 Patterns
- 1" Gold-Evaporated Capsule
- Built-In Pop Filter
- Transformer-Balanced Circuitry
- Excels on Acoustic Guitar & Vocals
The Aston Spirit is a multi-pattern condenser microphone utilising a 1" gold-evaporated capsule. A switch on the mic body selects between omni, cardioid, or figure-8 polar patterns. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments, and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its hand-selected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer-balanced circuitry using only the best components.
The Spirit is designed to deliver an open sound with sparkling harmonics. This accurate microphone provides natural and transparent recording, capturing detail in the high range, but without adding the harshness that some condenser microphones tend to.
The mic has a mesh-knit pop filter built into the wave-form head. The weave allows sound to pass while reducing unwanted plosives. This single-piece mesh cage is formed in stainless steel, so it won't rust with use and can even be removed and washed.
- Custom-moulded end caps with integrated XLR and stand adapter
- Harmonised circuit-stage arrangement for easy integration from phantom-power input circuitry to capsule voltage bias
- Non-linear voltage/current-source rectification to provide controlled amplification and smooth/clear audio
|Operating Principle||Pressure Gradient|
|Diaphragm||1" / 25.40 mm|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB A-Weighted|
|Equivalent Noise Level||14 dB A-Weighted|
|Maximum SPL||138 dB SPL|
|Sensitivity||23.7 mV/Pa at 1 kHz into 1 kOhms|
|Low-Cut Filter||@ 80 Hz|
|Output Connectors||1 x 3-Pin XLR|
|Operating Voltage||48 V ± 4 V|