The first GR-series camera to feature built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity, the GR II Digital Camera from Ricoh continues the legacy of its predecessor with a large 16.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor, providing high-resolution images with low noise at up to ISO 25600. By omitting the optical low-pass filter, this sensor is able to squeeze out sharper images with rich colours and when combined with the GR ENGINE V it operates quickly and efficiently in creating images. On top of this is a Ricoh GR 18.3mm f/2.8 lens, equivalent to 28mm in 35mm terms, which will assist in creating sharp images in all lighting conditions.
Benefitting from the GR ENGINE V is the High-Speed AF system, locking focus in just 0.2 seconds. The camera will also start up in just 1 second and offers continuous shooting at 4 fps. Full HD 1080p video recording is possible at up to 30 fps with autofocus. And, it has wireless flash control with the built-in flash unit which allows users to remotely operate their AF360FGZII and AF540FGZII flashes as slave units.
The GR is designed to be compact with a portable magnesium alloy body. It maintains a classic GR styling with a solid hand grip for comfort and physical control buttons for natural operation. This includes a dedicated AF button and aperture preview button. The camera can also capture in either JPEG or DNG RAW images for full control over post-processing.
16.2 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor with No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- Using a large APS-C CMOS sensor, the GR II is able to capture high-resolution 16.2 MP images and video with low noise and excellent colour accuracy. Further, this sensor omits the optical low-pass filter for achieving the highest possible sharpness and resolution in your imagery.
GR ENGINE V Image Processor
- The advanced GR ENGINE V imaging engine offers high-sensitivity shooting with minimal noise and fast response times, including fast autofocus and up to 4 fps continuous shooting. This also benefits the AF system with the ability to lock on in as fast as 0.2 seconds. The camera will even start up in just 1 second.
Portable Body Design
- The GR-series uses a magnesium alloy to stay lightweight and portable while its exterior design is optimised for compactness and comfort. Numerous physical controls are laid out in an intuitive manner to ensure users will be able to quickly access their settings at a moment's notice. It also offers dedicated AF and aperture preview buttons for DSLR-like handling.
Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- Capture high resolution full HD 1080p video at up to 30 fps. It uses H.264 compression to realise the high definition images without taking up too much space on your cards and hard drives. AF also remains active during shooting for ensuring your subject remains sharp throughout the video.
Wireless Flash Function
- Using the built-in flash, the GR II can wirelessly communicate with the AF360FGZII and AF540FGZII External Flashes. This allows users to quickly and easily set up a complete lighting solution without worrying about cables or additional triggers and receivers.
DNG RAW and JPEG File Formats
- Take complete control of your images in post by using the DNG RAW format or create standard, easily accessible JPEGs with the GR II. The camera also offers in-body RAW development for computer-free editing of your files.
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- A first for the GR-series, this camera offers built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC, for quick tap-to-connect functionality. This allows it to wirelessly connect to smartphones and tablets for remote operation and transfer of images.
|Pixels||Actual: 16.9 Megapixel |
Effective: 16.2 Megapixel
|File Formats||Still Images: DNG, JPEG |
Movies: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
|Max Resolution||16 MP: 4928 x 3264|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Colour Spaces||sRGB, Adobe RGB|
|Lens||7 elements in 5 groups |
EFL: 18.3mm (35 mm equivalent: 28mm)
Aperture: f/2.8 to f/16
Please Note:with optional GH-3 Hood & Adapter
|Focus Range||Normal: 11.76" (29.87 cm) - Infinity |
Macro: 3.9" (9.91 cm) - Infinity
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-25600|
|Shutter||Type: Electronic & Mechanical |
Speed: 1/4000 - 30 seconds
|Exposure Metering||Centre-weighted, Multi, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Bulb, Manual, Movie, My Settings, Programme, Shutter Priority, Shutter/Aperture Priority, Time |
Metering Range: EV 1.8 - EV 17.8
Compensation: -4 EV to +4 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
|White Balance Modes||Auto, CTE, Cloudy, Colour Temperature, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Natural White), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Incandescent 2, Manual, Multi-P AUTO, Outdoors, Shade|
|Burst Rate||Up to 4 fps|
|Flash Modes||Auto |
Flash On w/ Red-eye Reduction
Slow Sync/Red-eye Reduction
|Maximum Effective Flash Range||3.3 - 9.8' (1.01 - 2.99 m)|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Built-in Memory||54 MB|
|Memory Card Type||SD |
|Resolution||1920 x 1080p: 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps |
1280 x 720p: 60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps
640 x 480p: 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps
|Video Clip Length||Up to 4 GB or 25 Minutes|
|Audio Recording||Built-in Mic: With Video, Mono|
|Screen||3.0" LCD (1,230,000 pixels)|
|Connectivity||AV / USB Multi, HDMI D (Micro)|
|Wi-Fi||Yes, 802.11b/g/n built-in|
|Operating/Storage Temperature||Operating |
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
|Battery||1x DB-65 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 3.6 VDC, 1250 mAh|
|AC Power Adapter||AC-5C AC Adapter (Optional)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.6 x 2.5 x 1.4" / 11.7 x 6.3 x 3.6 cm|
|Weight||7.80 oz / 221 g without battery or memory card|