Shoot pictures with wider apertures and slower shutter speeds with the PowerND ND4000 100 x 100mm Neutral Density Filter from Aurora-Aperture . This square neutral density filter darkens the entire image equally, and provides a 12-stop reduction in exposure that increases the range of creative effects one can achieve under the same lighting conditions.
Due to this reduction in exposure by 12 stops, this filter can slow down shutter speeds to minutes at dusk or dawn, and a few seconds under daylight. The darkening effect also lets you use wider apertures, either to avoid diffraction softening or to isolate your subject in very bright light using selective focus.
The multi-layer coating that is applied to both sides of the glass allows for accurate colour rendition and little to no loss in resolution. The same coating also repels water, oil, and dust to make those elements very easy to clean. A dense, dark foam padding and paint sealing on the edges prevents light leakage during long exposures. Made out of Schott B 270 i Ultra-White glass, this filter is compatible with many 100 x 100mm filter holders including Cokin Z and LEE.
- Made of Schott B 270 i Ultra-White glass
- 100 x 100 x 2mm size that fits Cokin Z, LEE and other filter holders
- Multi-coated on both sides to preserve image quality and repel water, oil, and dust
- 12-stop exposure reduction, allowing for slower shutter speeds and wider apertures
- Accurate colour rendition and little to no loss in resolution
- No light leakage during long exposures due to dark foam padding and paint sealing of edges
|Filter Type||Solid ND|
|Density||3.6 (12 Stops)|
|Rectangular Size||3.94 x 3.94" / 100.0 x 100.0 mm|
|Cokin Compatibility||Cokin Z|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||Unthreaded|
|Filter Thickness||0.08" / 2 mm|
|Physical Feature||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Ring Material||Not Specified by Manufacturer|