Tiffen 127mm Linear Polarizer Filter has been discontinued, here are some related products you might like:
The Tiffen 127mm Linear Polariser Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarised due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarising filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A linear polariser only differs from a circular polariser in that it does not contain a quarter wave plane that enables use of auto focus and exposure features. Linear polarisers are best suited for use with manual cameras, such as view cameras, that are not dependant on internal mechanisms to determine focus or metering settings.
Tiffen filters are made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 10,000th of an inch, and then mounting to precision metal rings.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarising filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colours.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Constructed using Tiffen's ColorCore technology.
|Filter Factor||About 2.5 (1.3 stops)|
|Effect||Eliminates reflections and haze and improves colour and tonal saturation|
|Front Filter Thread Size||127 mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||127 mm|