The Tiffen 37mm UV Haze-1 Filter is a wise initial investment. It is the standard UV filter most people are familiar with. It can help protect your valuable investment from dust, moisture and scratches, which can lead to costly repairs.
A UV filter not only minimizes the bluish cast sometimes found under daylight conditions, but is also the best available protection against accidental damage to the front element of your lens. A lens that accidentally gets dropped on its front element while hiking can potentially be saved by purchasing this item. Some people refer to it as "cheap insurance". As a lens protector, it should be left on at all times.
Aside from that more-than-significant benefit, UV filters render your photos clearer, sharper and more contrasty. This filter will eliminate approximately 3/4 of the disturbing UV contamination in your image. For those who enjoy outdoor photography, especially distant vistas, a UV filter can produce a more distinct and acceptable image by removing much of the blue tint normally associated with atmospheric haze.
Tiffen, a leader in the filter industry, proudly makes its filters in the USA and backs up its products with a solid 10-year warranty.
- Eliminates much of the Ultraviolet (UV) light which can register on film and videotape as a bluish cast that can obscure distant details
- If desired, they can be left on the lens at all times for protection
- Ultraviolet filters allow you to correct for the UV effect to varying degrees
- Especially valuable as a general lens protector
- Guards against fingerprints and scratches to the front element of your lens