(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM is an ultra wide-angle zoom lens with dynamic expressive capability for all EF-S mount digital EOS cameras, exceptionally small and lightweight for maximum mobility.
With an effective focal length range of approximately 16-35mm in 35mm format, this lens allows you to get extremely close to subjects, exaggerating the difference in size between a near object and its background. Creative photographers can use this phenomenon to create excellent separation between subject and background for a strong sense of presence, or for a pan-focus effect with everything from foreground to background sharply in focus.
Designed specifically for digital photography, the lens has specially shaped lens elements and Super Spectra coatings to suppress ghosting and flare, which can be caused by reflections off digital camera sensors. An exclusive optional lens hood can further reduce the incidence of flare.
- Uses optics designed to take full advantage of the small image circle and short back focus in EF-S lenses.
- Features three aspherical lens elements (two types) as well as a Super-UD glass element for high image quality at all focal lengths.
- Optimized lens coating minimizing flare and ghosting prone occurring with digital cameras.
- Ring-type USM provides ultra-quiet, super-fast, precision auto focusing and predictive tracking.
- Circular aperture diaphragm produces brilliant out-of-focus characteristics.
- Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras, or for 35mm size "full-frame" digital cameras, e.g. 1Ds or Kodak Pro SLR/c.
- Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras or digital camera with image sensor bigger than APS-C size, only fits on the EOS Digital Rebel series or 20D, 30D, 40D and 50D, 7D SLR cameras.
More information about Canon Products and Lenses: (Link to Canon Website)
Note: Lens hood in picture not included