- Ultra Wide-Angle Lens for Canon EF Mount
- Excellent ZEISS Optical/Build Quality
- Superb Chromatic Aberration Correction
- Unparalleled Prevention of Colour Fringes
- Two Aspheric Lenses Improve Quality
The ZEISS Distagon T 15mm f/2.8 ZE Lens for Canon EF Mount* is a precision ultra wide-angle lens built with a Carl ZEISS T* anti-reflection coating that yields images with depth, contrast, and brilliance even under difficult lighting situations. It also delivers photos with contrasting edges, without colour fringing. This manual focus ultra wide-angle provides the photographer with a tool that enables dramatic perspectives and creative possibilities. It's useful for landscape photography, interiors and other subjects that require its unique spatial organisation. It focuses to 24.99 cm.
The 15mm f/2.8 features electronic shutter control and additional electronic contacts to the camera. All existing exposure programmes (P, AV, TV, M) and the AF confirmation function of the camera are supported; lens information (focal length and speed) is passed on to the camera. Certain functions that require the use of AF lenses (various scene modes, A-DEP) are partially unavailable. The Distagon T* 15mm f/2.8 comes with an EF bayonet (ZE) mount for Canon film and digital full-frame SLRs. It has a M95 x 1.0 size filter thread and a built-in lens shade.
- Extraordinary chromatic aberration correction
- Prevention of colour fringes caused by chromatic aberration almost without exception.
- Two aspheric lenses, special types of glass with exceptional partial dispersion and the floating elements design, guarantee high image quality from close-up to infinity.
- Anti-reflective coating and the advanced treatment of the lens edges with special dark black lacquers ensure insensitivity to reflections and stray light.
- Whether salt crystals or drops of water-its integrated lens shade and standard filter thread afford the front lens optimal protection from wind and weather.
Comparable APS-C Focal Length: 24 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||110°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||24.99 cm|
|Optical Design||15 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 103 x 135 mm|