Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #11601
- SKU: RODS1
The Rode S1 is a supercardioid handheld microphone designed to deliver studio level quality signal response, in live sound applications. The supercardioid element effectively minimizes noise and signal at the off-axis sections of the microphone element. The result provides high gain before feedback when near monitor speakers, while eliminating signal from adjacent instruments and singers. It's 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response is tailored for vocal capturing and an SPL rating of 151dB ensures accurate reproduction of transient signals without distortion. The S1 is powered with 44v to 52v phantom power.
Supercardioid Polar Pattern
The supercardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing noise at the off-axis sections of the microphone, eliminating ambient noise and monitor feedback.
The condenser element operates on 44v to 52v phantom power and delivers the signal response common with studio level microphones.
Wide Frequency Response
The 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response is contoured to accentuate vocal performance.
An integral "plosive" windscreen protects the microphone for overload due to "plosives" and excessive wind.
- Transducer: Externally polarized condenser, pressure gradient transducer
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 132dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 75dB (1kHz rel 1 Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 151dB (@0.7% THD into 1k ohms)
- Power Requirements: 44V to 52V Phantom Power (current consumption 4.4mA)
- Output Impedance: 50 ohms
- Output Connectors: 3-pin XLR male
- Pad: No
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: No
- Dimensions: 7.2 x 2.05" (183 x 51mm) (Length x Diameter)
- Weight: 10.58 oz (300g)
- Zip Pouch
- Stand Mount
- 10 Year Warranty