Shure AD2/B87A Digital Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter with Beta 87A Capsule
- For Axient Digital Systems.
- Beta 87A Condenser Supercardioid Mic.
- Automatic Gain Adjustment.
- 2/10/35mW RF Output Power.
- Mute Mode, Backlit LCD.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #65816
- SKU: AD2-BETA87A
The Shure AD2/B87A Digital Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter with Beta 87A Capsule is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with Axient Digital series receivers.
The AD2/B87A comes equipped with the Beta 87A condenser capsule designed to withstand extreme sound pressure levels, while still delivering a remarkably smooth frequency response for vocal performers and presenters. The capsule features a supercardioid polar pattern that offers excellent rejection of off-axis background noise, helping to reduce feedback.
The transmitter operates in a single 146 MHz ultrawide UHF bandwidth with selectable 2/10/35mW RF output power and a transmission range up to 330'. It provides up to 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries and up to 9 hours with an SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable battery (available separately).
With a durable, moisture-resistant, lightweight aluminium case, the AD2/B87A transmitter delivers pristine audio quality and RF performance, AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission, and advanced rechargeability options, making it ideal for high-profile, sound-reinforcement applications.
Interchangeable Design with Beta 87A Capsule
- The Beta 87A supercardioid condenser capsule handles SPL levels up to 140 dB and offers a smooth frequency response with a gradual presence rise and controlled proximity effect tailored for vocals.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the Beta 87A capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including KSM9, KSM8, SM58, VP68, Beta 87C capsules, and more.
User-Friendly Features in a Rugged Housing
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- Automatic Gain adjusts the mic input level for you.
- The power button conveniently doubles as mute switch, while preserving RF lock.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorised changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, RF output, and remaining battery life.
- Offset function lets you balance mic levels when assigning multiple transmitters to a single receiver slot. Adjustment range: -12 to +21 dB.
- 2/10/35mW selectable RF output power allows you to increase either the transmitter's range or the number of mics operating simultaneously.
- Two transmission modes: Standard for optimal coverage and High-Density for maximum system channel count and robust coverage.
Convenient Power Management Options
- Optional SB900A rechargeable battery offers intelligent power management with precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging.
- SBC220 two-bay and SBC840 eight-bay networked chargers (both available separately) allow for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.
|Wireless Transmission||Digital UHF|
|RF Frequency Band||417 to 616 MHz|
|RF Bandwidth||146 MHz|
|Frequency Step Size||25 kHz|
|Max Operating Range||328.1' / 100 m (Line of Sight)|
|Latency||2 to 2.9 ms (Selectable)|
|RF Output Power||2 / 10 / 35 mW|
|Audio Input Level||145 dB|
|Gain Range||-12 to +21 dB (3 dB Steps)|
|Antenna||1 x Internal Single-Band Helical (Handheld)|
|Battery Type||2 x AA (Included)
1 x Shure SB900A (Not Included, Replaceable)
|Approx. Battery Life||Moed.:
8 Hours (Alkaline)
9 Hours (Lithium Shure SB900A)
|Display & Indicators||1 x LCD (Battery Status, Channel, Group, Signal Strength)|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 122°F / -17 to 50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 165°F / -28 to 73°C|
|Dimensions||2 x 10.1" / 51 x 256 mm|
|Weight||12 oz / 340 g (without Batteries)|
|Form Factor||Handheld Capsule|
|Frequency Range||50 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||140.5 dB SPL|
|Sensitivity||-52.5 dBV/Pa at 1 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||117 dB|