TC Electronic Ditto Jam X2 Looper with Automatic Tempo Sync
- Loop Pedal Syncs to Band's Performance
- 2 Built-In Mics Track Band's Tempo
- Included Mic for Percussive Instruments
- Time-Stretching Algorithm by TC-Helicon
- Mode Toggle Switch
- Product: #61624
- SKU: 960841001
The TC-Electronics Ditto Jam X2 Looper is a looping pedal that automatically tracks your band's tempo, synchronises with it, and adjusts loops to fit new tempos automatically. It does this by utilising a time-stretching algorithm developed by TC Electronic's sibling-company, TC-Helicon.
Stereo mics are built into the pedal to track the sound coming from the band. However, you can attach a clip-on microphone to important percussive elements (a snare for instance), and plug the microphone into the pedal's 3.5mm input jack. This microphone is included with the pedal.
The pedal sports 24-bit processing with Analogue-Dry-Through to preserve the integrity of both your original tone and the resulting loop. True bypass circuitry further ensures that your timbre remains unaffected while the pedal is disengaged. Note the mode toggle switch: one mode puts the pedal into overdub mode after you record, while the other switches the pedal into play mode. This is useful if you need to switch between looping right away or soloing/playing over the original loop without recording.
Two footswitches are on hand (or rather, under foot) to facilitate operation. To put the pedal in loop mode, hit the loop footswitch. The Stop footswitch ceases loop playback but also serves a double function as a tap tempo controller, allowing you to speed up and slow down loops. You can use this feature while practicing a complicated part to make sure you nail it.
A sturdy construction ensures the pedal can stand up to the rigours of the road. Through the USB port, you can instal firmware updates, and also export the current loop on the pedal to your DAW for further investigation.
Key Features at a Glance
- Intelligent loop synchronisation responds to your band in real time
- BeatSense technology automatically adjusts loop tracks to suit your beat
- Dual built-in mics accurately track band tempo by focusing only on rhythmic elements
- Included clip-on mic attaches to percussion instruments for rhythmic precision
- Choose between Record-then-Play or Record-then-Overdub functionalities
- Unlimited overdubs and undo/redo
- Dedicated stop button for easy control of loop endings
- Analogue-Dry-Through maintains integrity of analogue dry signal path even when looper is engaged
- 24-bit uncompressed audio
- True bypass allows for clarity and mitigates high-end loss when the pedal is off
- Sturdy die-cast metal case designed for life on the road
|Controls||Loop level knob
|Input Connectors||1 x TS 1/4" input, phone type
1 x 3.5 mm microphone input, phone type
|Output Connectors||1 x TS 1/4" inputs, phone type|
|Power Input||Standard 9 V DC, centre negative (PSU available separately)|
|Controls||Loop level knob
FX Selector switch
Store/backing track level switch
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||Not provided by manufacturer|
|Weight||Not provided by manufacturer|