Tiffen 77mm Indie Pro Infrared/Neutral Density Filter Kit
- Eliminates Infrared Bleed Above 700nm
- Allows Use of Higher Density ND Filters
- Use for Action, Nature - Fast Objects
- Can Blur Your Subject w/No Colour Shift
- Allows High Speed Film in Bright Light
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #66067
- SKU: W77INDPROKT
The Tiffen 77mm Indie Pro Infrared/Neutral Density Filter Kit is a more-than-complete filter outfit (7 filters) for the outdoor shooter who wishes to create special effects without having to put in any post-production time. This combination of neutral density filters gives you the freedom to make some unique and effective images that would ordinarily not be possible.
Colour shift is a critical factor in digital photography. This colour shift is directly affected by the infrared spectrum. Specifically, in high definition photography, the sensitivity of imaging sensors to IR has become a challenge. This is particularly evident when using standard neutral density filters that absorb visible light but pass infrared.
Unlike many photographic films, the CCD or CMOS of a digital camera is inherently susceptible to infrared contamination, even when the manufacturer attempts to reduce this problem by adding an infrared absorbing filter on top of the image sensor. Because these filters do not have a sharp cutoff at the infrared wavelengths there has to be a compromise in order not to exclude visible red wavelengths. This results is some infrared wavelengths being allowed to pass.
While minor infrared contamination does not normally cause much of a problem for visible images, when using conventional neutral density filters especially denser grades, this issue is multiplied by the filter factor.
Tiffen has now addressed this problem with the introduction of its exclusive line of IR/ND filters. This is particularly important as it now allows for the use of the denser grades of Neutral Density filters needed for these light sensitive cameras while, at the same time, maintaining complete colour balance.
The kit contains a 1-stop (0.3), 2-stop (0.6), 3-stop (0.9), 4-stop (1.2), 5-stop (1.5), 6-stop (1.8) and 7-stop (2.1) set of ND filters. Using these filters permits you to use slower shutter speeds that can produce blurred effects of nature, sports or any action you choose, i.e. flowing water, birds in flight, cars - just about anything you can think of. It also permits you to shoot on the beach or in bright light when using high-speed ISO ratings by enabling slower shutter speeds to be employed. Irrespective of the medium you are using such as film, digital, video or cine, neutral density filters are quite valuable and should be a part of any shooter's arsenal of tools.
Often it is necessary or desirable to control the light intensity within a given frame. This is especially true in situations where you don't have total light control, as in bright contrasty landscapes. Exposing for the foreground will produce a washed-out, over-exposed sky while exposing for the sky will leave the foreground dark and under-exposed. A neutral density filter will allow you to retain exposure control but will not affect the colour of the image.
Neutral Density filters allow you to shoot under conditions that would normally be impossible to shoot under - particularly outside in snow, beach or extremely bright light scenarios. For the landscape photographer, irrespective of the format you use (film, digital, video or cine), this filter is almost a necessity because it permits you to maintain creative control over a tough lighting venue while still maintaining proper exposure.
For those who like moody, soft creative looks to their images, this filter can produce blurred movement when used with waterfalls, fast moving objects (cars, etc) and even nature subjects such as birds in flight or running animals. There are people who even use them on their iPhone to capture interesting images when a traditional camera isn't handy.
Tiffen uses the highest quality Water White Glass that contains an anti-glare and anti-reflective coating. This glass reduces the greenish tint sometimes common in standard glass. Water White Glass permits accurate colour transmission. It is clear to the eye and is characterised by an optically pure composition that delivers the highest calibre of image possible.
Tiffen, a leader in the filter industry, proudly makes its filters in the USA and backs up its products with a solid 10-year warranty.
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- Enables slow shutter speeds to be used with high speed ISO ratings; create dramatic images with blurred movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- Permits greater creative control by allowing wider apertures to be used which helps separate subjects from their background
- Reduces the amount of light entering the lens - allows use of slower shutter speeds with higher ISO settings on digital cameras, high-speed films, video and cine cameras
- It is always difficult to use film, digital or video cameras under bright light conditions such as snow, sand or other bright scenes since these conditions can easily cause overexposure. This filter removes the challenge of recording images under these conditions by permitting the photographer to control the proper exposure while still maintaining creative control
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multi-million-dollar productions Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence
|Type||Indie Pro Filter Kit|
|Filter Factor||ND.3 (exposure adjustment = 1 stop, reduces ISO by 1/2)
ND.6 (exposure adjustment = 2 stops, reduces ISO by 1/4)
ND.9 (exposure adjustment = 3 stops, reduces ISO by 1/8)
ND1.2 (exposure adjustment = 4 stops, reduces ISO by 1/16)
ND1.5 (exposure adjustment = 5 stops, reduces ISO by 1/32)
ND1.8 (exposure adjustment = 6 stops, reduces ISO by 1/64)
ND2.1 (exposure adjustment = 7 stops, reduces ISO by 1/128)
|Effect||Reduce the amount of light reaching the film|
|Application||General outdoor photography, i.e. landscape, nature|
|Colour Temperature||Not Applicable|
|Construction||Water White Glass|
|Front Filter Thread Size||77mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||77mm|