(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
Tiffen 4 x 4" Linear Polarizing Glass FilterProduct #16167 | SKU 44POL |(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
- Linear Polariser Filter
- 2.5x Filter Factor, +1.3 Stops
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
- Reduces Haze in Landscapes
- Greater Colour and Tonal Saturation
The Tiffen 4 x 4" Linear Polariser Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarised due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarising filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A linear polariser differs from a circular polariser in that it does not contain an additional quarter wave plane. The addition of a quarter wave plane is to circularly polarise linearly polarised light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polariser, in-camera auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarised, it permits the use of these functions.
This filter is recommended when not using in-camera exposure metering or autofocus. It is non-coated and delivers approximately 40% average light transmission.
Tiffen filters are made using ColorCore technology; a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch.
Note: Linear polarizers are used with most video and manual focus photo cameras. They are not recommended for auto-focus SLR cameras.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarising filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colours.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Recommended when not using in-camera exposure metering or autofocus.
- Approximately 40% average light transmission.
- 2.5x filter factor reduces exposure by 1.3 stops.
- Constructed using ColorCore technology.
- Filter Pouch for storage and transport.
|Filter Type||Linear Polariser|
|Filter Factor||2.5 (1.3 Stop)|
|Rectangular Size||101.6 x 101.6 mm|
|Filter Thickness||5 mm|