Redrock Micro's microFollowFocus Black Complete Package gives you nearly everything you'll need to achieve smooth, accurate, professional focus.
Compatible with all camcorders and DSLRs, the microFollowFocus Black lends your video production the precise focus control of a big-budget film. Whether shooting with a fixed-lens camcorder, interchangeable cinema lenses, or a video-capable DSLR, the precision-machined, gear-driven design provides repeatable, accurate focusing. (microLensGears must be purchased separately.)
Three high-quality Arri-style microWhips --in lengths of 3"(7.6 cm), 12"(30.5 cm), and 18"(45.7 cm)--fit into the accessory port of the microFollowFocus unit, letting you pull focus at a distance from the camera. Solidly built--with rubberised handles and rugged locking inserts--these whips also work with other standard follow focus units.
The microSpeedCrank is an extended arm that also uses an Arri-style connector to fit into the microFollowFocus, giving you the ability to pull focus much more rapidly.
The Redrock Grease Pencil can be used for making focus stops.
- Completely gear-driven design for slip-free, accurate, and repeatable focus movement
- Unique quick release clamp
- 1:1 gear ratio allows smooth movements for still and motion picture 35 mm lenses
- Adjustable slide-mounting mechanism to fit large range of lens diameters, including video camera lenses
- Interchangeable drive gears available, including 0.8 film pitch and Fujinon pitch (for Fujinon video lenses)
- Easily switchable to either side of camera
- microLensGears (purchased separately) can be quickly attached to existing 35 mm still (SLR) lenses for accurate gearing
- 3D marking disk allows focus marks to be easily viewed by operator or assistant
- Standard Arri-style accessory port in focus wheel for attaching whip, speed crank, etc.
- Industry-standard 15 mm lightweight (60 mm spacing) rod mount (rod support not included with microFollowFocus bundle)
- Optional 19 mm rod clamp adapts microFollowFocus for 19 mm rods for cameras, including the Red ONE
- Optional Fujinon 0.6 pitch drive gear works directly with Fujinon lenses
- Optional reversing gear focuses Nikon and Pentax lenses in the "correct" cinema direction
- Constructed of high quality, machined aircraft-grade aluminium
- Lightweight design
- Works great with DV and HDV built-in camera lenses