- Wireless Decoder with HDMI Connectivity
- Dual Band a/b/g/n MIMO Wi-Fi & Ethernet
- Stream 1080p with H.264 Compression
- Reviewing Settings with the OLED Display
- Analogue Audio Input and Headphone Jack
The Teradek Cube 455 HDMI Decoder is a wireless video decoder that outputs high definition video via HDMI for use with switchers and professional monitors. This device decodes IP video from Teradek encoders via dual band Wi-Fi or Ethernet. The Cube Decoder features a compact aluminium chassis with an OLED display, a built-in Li-Ion battery, an analogue audio input, a headphone jack, a USB port, a micro USB port and a LEMO power input. The Cube utilises H.264 compression to stream 1080p at 5mbps over Wi-Fi or 10mbps over Ethernet. In addition, a micro SD memory card slot also enables on-board proxy recordings.
Wireless Decoder with HDMI Connectivity
- The Cube Decoder streams HD 1080p video at up to 5mbps over Wi-Fi or 10mbps over Ethernet. It then outputs the video signal via HDMI.
Dual Band a/b/g/n MIMO Wi-Fi
- The MIMO access point feature improves wireless performance and enables special features such as wireless camera control for devices without built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. The access point feature also enables Master Mode, which provides a direct connection between your Teradek device and an 802.11 device over the 5.8 GHz band.
Reviewing Settings with the OLED Display
- Cube's OLED display enables users to change and review settings. The display also provides real-time feedback for filenames, recording status, and wireless connectivity.
Analogue Audio Input and Headphone Jack
- Cube supports embedded audio via HDMI but it also features an analogue audio input. The dedicated audio input is Line/Mic switchable and offers adjustable gain settings. Cube also has a headphone jack for convenient audio monitoring.
Proxy Video Recording via Micro SD
- The micro SD memory card slot enables on-board proxy recordings in real time. The recorded MOV or mp4 files are automatically synced with your proxy server over a Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
USB 3G/4G Option and Micro USB Charging
- Cube features two USB ports, USB type-A and micro USB. The type-A port can be used with an optional 3G/4G USB modem for streaming over cellular networks. Cube's micro USB port charges the unit's internal Li-Ion battery.
Built-in Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
- Cube's built-in Li-Ion battery gives users up to 1.5 hours of runtime, which allows for seamless external battery swapping or quick broadcasts. The battery can also be charged from an AC adapter, USB cable, or by a suitable battery such as an Anton Bauer.
Captive LEMO Power Connector
- All Cube encoders and decoders utilise LEMO captive power connectors so you never have to worry about the plug being pulled in the middle of a broadcast.
Universal 1/4"-20 Mount
- The 1/4"-20 mount allows the Cube to be attached to a cheese plate or hot shoe.
|Video Output||HDMI type A (female)|
|Supported Resolutions||1080i 50/59.94/60|
|Video Codec||Compression Algorithm: Baseline, Main and High Profile H.264|
Main and Baseline profiles
Bit Rate: 250 Kbps to 10 Mbps
Built in Video Scaler and Deinterlacer
|Video Streaming Support||Network Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, NTP, SSL, IGMP|
Transport Protocols: RTP, RTSP, RTP over HTTP, MPEG-TS (optional)
RTMP (Adobe Flash Streaming)
HTTP Live Steaming
Point to Point (TCP or UDP) (optional)
Multiple Unicast (UDP) (optional)
Multicast (UDP+IGMP) (optional)
|Audio||Audio Compression: AAC-LC, MPEG Layer 2|
Embedded Audio Input
Analogue Line or Mic input with adjustable gain
Headphone output with adjustable volume
|Interfaces||WebUI for configuration and control|
OLED LCD display
Joystick Navigation buttons
On/Off and Reset Switch
Micro SD card slot
Powered USB 2.0 host port
Wi-Fi: Dual Band 802.11 a/b/g/n MIMO
USB Modem support (optional)
|Power||Internal rechargeable Lithium Ion battery|
micro USB (for charging internal battery)
2-pin LEMO power input
Auxiliary Power Input: 6-28V DC
|Power Consumption||3W (up to 10W while charging)|
|Dimensions||6.35 x 8.89 x 2.29 cm|