Warm Audio BUS-COMP 2-Channel VCA Bus Compressor
- Classic VCA Compressor Design.
- Add Glue & Control Dynamics.
- Switchable CineMag Transformers.
- Sonic Transparency or Colourful Vibe.
- Selectable High-Pass Filter.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #65741
- SKU: BUS-COMP
Designed for recording and mixing stereo tracks, the Warm Audio BUS-COMP 2-Channel VCA Bus Compressor 's take on a classic VCA bus compressor, one made famous by companies such as Solid State Logic. This is a clean, stereo compressor, one quite suited to handling the dynamics of stereo instruments. It's also handy for stereo-buss work, imparting the sonic glue VCA compressors are known for.
The BUS-COMP takes a classic design and adds some nifty improvements, such as the ability to switch CineMag transformers in and out of the signal path at the press of a button. With this feature, you can opt for sonic transparency or colourful vibe with the touch of your finger.
The BUS-COMP also offers a selectable high-pass filter, a sidechain input, a useful bypass/engage switch for making comparisons, and a versatile I/O path. Indeed, you'll find XLR and 1/4" TRS terminations used in both the inputs and outputs.
- All analogue, 2-channel stereo VCA compressor.
- Based on legendary VCA compressor technology.
- Selectable discrete opamp stage with CineMag USA transformers.
- External sidechain source select.
- Selectable Hi-pass Filter at 30, 60, 105, 125, and 185 Hz.
- Compressor engage switch for easy comparisons.
- Performs well on stereo mixes, drum mixes, drum overheads, acoustic guitars, keyboards, piano, orchestral instruments, voice-overs, and endless other sources.
- Can be used on mono as well as stereo sources.
- Uses THAT 2180 VCA IC.
- Provides both XLR and 1/4" TRS connectivity.
|Connections||1 x XLR Sidechain Input
2 x XLR Inputs
2 x 1/4" TRS Inputs
2 x XLR Outputs
2 x 1/4" TRS Outputs
|VCA||THAT 2180 ICs|
High-Pass Filter Knob
Make-Up Gain Knob
External Sidechain Switch
Transformer Engage Switch
|High-Pass Filter||At 30, 60, 105, 125, and 185 Hz|
|Noise||< -90 dBu|
|Headroom||> +29 dBu (20 Hz to 20 kHz)|
|Dynamic Range||> 120 dB|
|Frequency Response||18 Hz to 22 kHz|
|THD + N||< 0.05% (20 Hz to 20 kHz, +20 dBu Input)|
|Impedance||Input: 10 Kilohms
Output: 50 Ohms
|Dimensions||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Weight||Not Specified by Manufacturer|