- Concert Body.
- Light Gauge Coated Strings.
- 628mm Scale.
- Mahogany Back and Sides.
- Product: #61945
- SKU: C-AF505
The latest addition to Cort’s EasyPlay Collection, the Cort AF505 Acoustic Guitar has a concert body size, 42mm nut width, shortened scale and light-gauge coated strings to help players on their journey. AF505 is specially designed for novices, but with pro-level features and quality materials for an authentic playing experience.
- Concert Body - The Concert body size is smaller and produces a more focused and balanced sound than the Dreadnaught with less emphasis on the bass and a strong midrange with clearer and sweeter highs. This sonic balance of the Concert body makes it ideal for fingerpicking as well as solo single-note playing.
- Spruce top - Spruce provides an ideal balance between strength and flexibility, hence its overwhelming popularity as the wood of choice for tops of acoustic guitars. Spruce’s versatile sonic character makes it ideal for a variety of musical genres and playing styles.
- Mahogany back and sides - Bright yet natural with a strong and warm midrange, the beloved mahogany wood has been a standard for back and sides on premium acoustics for many decades.
- Light gauge coated strings - The lighter gauge strings make chording and single-note playing easier on your fingertips and hands – especially for beginners and intermediate young players whose hands haven’t developed fully. The coated strings would resist dirt and sweat more effectively, keeping the strings feeling and sounding fresh for extended playing sessions.
- 628mm scale - Chords are the building blocks of music, and playing things correctly with the right fingering from the very beginning will set you up with a strong foundation. We shortened the scale length on our EP guitars from a traditional 25.5" scale length to 24.75". This minimal change makes all the difference for your hands. It reduces the distance between each fret just enough to help you better reach and master every chord from an A major to that dreaded F major barre.
- 42mm nut width - The narrower 42mm(1 5/8") nut width makes chording in the lower register easier for novice players.
|Nut Width||42mm (1 5/8")|
|Back & Sides||Mahogany|
|Strings||Light gauge coated string|