The Rycote - Windshield Kit 1 is the professionals' choice when maximum isolation from wind and handling noise is required. This complete modular system can be configured to allow almost any microphone to be shock-mounted and provided with varying degrees of windshielding. Components may be ordered separately, or as one of a series of kits, which simplify the selection process for many common configurations.
A Full Windshield Kit is comprised of the following three main components:
Modular Suspension - Provides complete isolation against handling noise and cable-borne noises, by supporting the microphone in a cradle arrangement using Lyre suspension webs.
Windshield - Completely surrounds the microphone and its connector, sliding onto the Modular Suspension to provide up to 30dB of wind noise attenuation. This is the first layer of windshielding protection for your microphone.
Windjammer™ - Is high quality synthetic fur covers, designed to fit perfectly over the Modular Windshield. It gives an additional 20dB of wind noise attenuation. Fitted with a drawstring & toggle to allow snug and easy fitting.
- A small modular suspension mount
- Windshield 1
- Windjammer 1
- 048 402 Boom Adaptor
- 048 429 XLR Clamp
- 2 Lyre Clips
- Hex Driver
- Folding Hair Brush
- User Guide
- Hytrel Plastic Construction - A material called Hytrel is used on the end rings and shield. The material aids in creating the "dead" space necessary for quiet operation.
- Interlocking Ends - Modular locking end rings provide quick and easy replacement of dented ends and modular extensions.
- Flexible, complete windshield and suspension package, which provides varying levels of windshielding for numerous microphone configurations
- The iconic Windshield Kit is the industry standard, and leads the way in windshielding and suspension technology
- Width: 100mm
- Height: 100mm
- Body windshield length: 170mm
- Total length: 290mm
- Weight: 1.36 kg