Blending two distinct filter effects into one, the 77mm Warm Low Light Linear Polariser Filter from Tiffen helps to reduce reflections and glare as well as provide an overall warming tone. The Ultra circular polariser effect provides deep, saturated, and rich colours and efficiently cuts haze and reflections from non-metallic surfaces. Complementing these effects, the incorporation of a Warming 812 filter into the design adds a natural glow to skin tones and other subjects, making it ideally suited for use in outdoor open shade conditions where there is an excessive blue colour cast.
This low light polariser has less of a polarising effect than a standard polariser, allowing for it to be used in indoor and darker situations when available light is at a premium. This filter is also more ideal to pair with others so the filter factor does not become overwhelming. The low light linear polariser requires approximately 1 stop of exposure compensation. A linear polariser differs from a circular polariser in that it does not supports use of a camera's autofocus or auto exposure functions; it is best suited for use with manual cameras, such as view cameras, that are not dependant on internal mechanisms to determine focus or metering settings.
Tiffen filters are made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 10,000th of an inch, and then mounting to precision metal rings.
- Low light polariser is less dense than a standard polariser, allowing for greater light transmission and more versatility when working in darker conditions.
- Warming 812 filter effect provides an overall warm tone to the image and is ideal for working in conditions with an overwhelming blue colour cast.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarising filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colours.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Constructed using Tiffen's ColorCore technology.
|Type||Low light linear polariser with warming effect|
|Filter Factor||2 (1 stop)|
|Effect||Eliminates reflections and haze and improves colour and tonal saturation, provides an overall warming effect|
|Construction||ColorCore technology glass|
|Front Filter Thread Size||77 mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||77 mm|